Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is Michelle Duggar abusive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 720 Replies
4 moms liked this

Wow. I've always been the first to defend the Duggar family. On tv they seem perfectly happy, they support themselves, and the kids seem well adjusted. I stumbled upon an article about how one of the girl's wants to move to NYC, but Michelle won't let her. Ok, whatever. Your child moving across the country to NYC would be scary to ANY parent, so not a huge deal. But the discussion in the comments blew. my. mind. They were going back and forth about how Michelle, the mother, is abusive. I decided to research some things they mentioned. And wow. I had no idea that they lived this way and endorced such torturous punishment. Here is one article I read, in it they discuss how Michelle practices something called "blanket training", where she lays the baby on a blanket, baits them to move off of it, and then hits them with a ruler to punish them for giving in to temptation. A baby. This is done so mom can "chat on the phone or do other things without the baby moving". Thoughts?

http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with-a-book-cart/2011/11/are-the-duggars-guilty-of-child-abuse/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
77 moms liked this

She clearly abuses her uterus! lol

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
12 moms liked this

Yeah, if the blanket thing is true she's NUTS! Well, even more nuts than I realized...

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Wtf
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Well. I don't really think that is here nor there, certainly there are people who can be loving parents to many children. And I thought they were some of them, but to hear that they treat their children like this really saddens me :(

Quoting Blueliner:

She clearly abuses her uterus! lol

caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
10 moms liked this
Mmmhmmm. People refuse to do the research.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think she is
She was training the child and anyone who says that babies cannot reason is full of baloney.I have infants look at the thing you just told them no and go for it aagain. Its called discipline.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
5 moms liked this
They are all crazy. Yes she's abusive. She's had too many kids and can't care for them all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Yea! Google duggers + adbusive or duggars + train up a child. Your mind will be so blown, its so sad :(

Quoting hp2011:

Wtf

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
29 moms liked this

I've heard of the blanket training before...to me, that IS abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

if it is true then that is very sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)