Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is Michelle Duggar abusive?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Wow. I've always been the first to defend the Duggar family. On tv they seem perfectly happy, they support themselves, and the kids seem well adjusted. I stumbled upon an article about how one of the girl's wants to move to NYC, but Michelle won't let her. Ok, whatever. Your child moving across the country to NYC would be scary to ANY parent, so not a huge deal. But the discussion in the comments blew. my. mind. They were going back and forth about how Michelle, the mother, is abusive. I decided to research some things they mentioned. And wow. I had no idea that they lived this way and endorced such torturous punishment. Here is one article I read, in it they discuss how Michelle practices something called "blanket training", where she lays the baby on a blanket, baits them to move off of it, and then hits them with a ruler to punish them for giving in to temptation. A baby. This is done so mom can "chat on the phone or do other things without the baby moving". Thoughts?

http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with-a-book-cart/2011/11/are-the-duggars-guilty-of-child-abuse/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

A friend tried to get me to read To Train Up A Child. I have it on my Kindle. I read three pages and never opened it again. It made me so uneasy.

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Isn't that a Babywise principal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm waiting for one of the kids to just take off in the night. Hitch hike their way to the city or something.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM
That woman has a clown car for a vagina, for real.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyg97
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I don't believe it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teal_phoenix
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM

No kidding!

I have a 9 month old. I guess when she keeps crawling under the desk, she should know better now smh.

Quoting Vixcalamity:

You are fucking mental. Not endearing crazy. Mental.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think she is

She was training the child and anyone who says that babies cannot reason is full of baloney.I have infants look at the thing you just told them no and go for it aagain. Its called discipline.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We can't know how true any of this is. The only way we can know the truth is to walk a mile in their shoes.
Mrs.Winchester
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM

What?  First time I've heard about this.  If that's true then it's seriously screwed up!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM

jealious much

Quoting Blueliner:

She clearly abuses her uterus! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I don't believe everything I read on the Internet so I can't say she abuses her children.  However, they both have publicly stated that they belong to Quiverfull and when reading about the philosophies of Quiverfull, I find it scary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN