Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is Michelle Duggar abusive?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Wow. I've always been the first to defend the Duggar family. On tv they seem perfectly happy, they support themselves, and the kids seem well adjusted. I stumbled upon an article about how one of the girl's wants to move to NYC, but Michelle won't let her. Ok, whatever. Your child moving across the country to NYC would be scary to ANY parent, so not a huge deal. But the discussion in the comments blew. my. mind. They were going back and forth about how Michelle, the mother, is abusive. I decided to research some things they mentioned. And wow. I had no idea that they lived this way and endorced such torturous punishment. Here is one article I read, in it they discuss how Michelle practices something called "blanket training", where she lays the baby on a blanket, baits them to move off of it, and then hits them with a ruler to punish them for giving in to temptation. A baby. This is done so mom can "chat on the phone or do other things without the baby moving". Thoughts?

http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with-a-book-cart/2011/11/are-the-duggars-guilty-of-child-abuse/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (81-90):
Nicole1357
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM

wow!! 

Kage336
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Consider them brats, but I'd rather not brainwash and borderline abuse my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a book called "to train up a child" that Christian women use..... Of course the "outside" would would think its abuse. We consider it training. We don't have brats for kids like y'all do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but it could happen. People break away and speak about cults all of the time.

Quoting Blueliner:

Yeah, but that won't happen... she's been training them not to since before they could talk!

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

No one will ever know 100% until one of the kids leave and speak 100% of everything on the own free will in their words.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
LOL
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
It doesn't shock me but it is sad. Hopefully she's done reproducing..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

as for the "source she has" um yeah... there are enough haters, that I doubt this.. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM

ya... if even half of it is true that is beyond crazy.

waffa
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM

the only thing she has abused is her uterus as far as I have seen/read.

momavanessa
by Violeta on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Wow I hope she really doesn't do that!

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM
That absolutely is abuse. She is disgusting. Why have so many children if you have to "train" them so you can chat on the phone?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN