Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tying tubes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
so how does this work? im 22 and pregnant with my 4th.. dont bash all same dad and happyily married. and im considering tying my tubes. i dont want to burn or cut them. so my questions are will my doc let me tie them? and if i tie them can i undo it later if i want another later on? how is the process done if ive had all vaginal deliveries. thanks in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I have mine clamped so essentially they are kinked like a garden hose. The doc made me wait 6 weeks after my last baby was born.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh and if you are even asking the question if you can 'untie' them later, please don't do it. You aren'tready. Just use another method.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
This. And mine are clamped cut and closed off.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh and if you are even asking the question if you can 'untie' them later, please don't do it. You aren'tready. Just use another method.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
i dont understand what you mean

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yeah, it is quite clear. You are nowhere ready or mature enough to get your tubes tied.

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont understand what you mean

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

mom-x-2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
There is no way to tie your tubes and the guarentee they can be un tied. They won't tie them in a certain way that is "easier to reverse", in fact they won't tie them if you have any doubts at all. Get an iud or something, not permanent bc. I had mine done in 2008 when I was 27 with 2 kids. I had to beg and prove I didn't want more. They tied them in whatever way they thought would be most effective when the were in there. My birth were both vaginal and I had it done when my youngest was 1. It was a quick surgery, home by noonish and back up and at them the next day. 3 small incisions maybe 5 or 6 stitchest total. My shoulders hurt more from the gas then the incisions did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM
yeah your right ill just get a iud. i know i dont want more kids after this one.i havent had the chance to start college so i want to focus on me when this bby is 1 and ready for daycare. 2 will be in school and 2 in daycare.

Quoting mom-x-2:

There is no way to tie your tubes and the guarentee they can be un tied. They won't tie them in a certain way that is "easier to reverse", in fact they won't tie them if you have any doubts at all. Get an iud or something, not permanent bc. I had mine done in 2008 when I was 27 with 2 kids. I had to beg and prove I didn't want more. They tied them in whatever way they thought would be most effective when the were in there. My birth were both vaginal and I had it done when my youngest was 1. It was a quick surgery, home by noonish and back up and at them the next day. 3 small incisions maybe 5 or 6 stitchest total. My shoulders hurt more from the gas then the incisions did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I've only had c sections, two by the time I was nineteen. They gave me the option during my c section. We talked about it months before hand because I kinda wanted to but decided not to. Im having my third and last by c section in July and having my tubes tied I will be nineteen. So yes they will if your sure. But don't do it if you have any doubts.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Hmm.. I call it "tying my tubes" but they were technically burned... I wasn't given another option
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM
ur 19? im 22 wit 3 kids already 5 3 & 1 soon to be 6 4 & 2 n the bby will b born by then. im freakin out

Quoting Anonymous:

I've only had c sections, two by the time I was nineteen. They gave me the option during my c section. We talked about it months before hand because I kinda wanted to but decided not to. Im having my third and last by c section in July and having my tubes tied I will be nineteen. So yes they will if your sure. But don't do it if you have any doubts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)