Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone poisoned our dogs.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I WISH I was making this stuff up.

Yesterday we had to have BOTH of our dogs put down. You know why? Rat poisoning. Someone has been feeding our dogs rat poison. How fucked up is this? They've been our dogs since our oldest was a baby. It makes me sick that people do stuff like this

Figured I'd add this since so many people are asking:

The dogs did not bark excessively. They would bark if a car pulls way up in to our drive way(we have a very long drive way) but that's the only time. Granted they weren't outside all the time plus we don't have company all that often so it's not like they were constantly barking. 

They didn't roam either. Ever. We have a fenced in back yard that they stayed in and a baby gate is usually up because I babysit toddlers so they couldn't even get to the front door to escape. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

who do you think did it??

20Keller12
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM
O.O
I'm so sorry!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Im so sorry this is happening to your doggies :( I'd be hunting down the fucker that did it if they were my dogs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Quoting banana-bear:

Why would someone do that? Do you have issues with your neighbors?

No clue. We don't have any problems with our immediate neighbors. We don't have any problems personally with anyone in the neighborhood. There are some kids who appear to be a bit of trouble makers but I'm not saying it's them. I have no clue. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I wonder this too. I don't understand why someone would do that without a reason.

Quoting banana-bear:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

who do you think did it??

We don't know at all. 

banana-bear
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM
If you have no feuds with neighbors, I'm inclined to believe it is teens up to no good. Strange though. Maybe think about getting security cameras set up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting banana-bear:

No clue. We don't have any problems with our immediate neighbors. We don't have any problems personally with anyone in the neighborhood. There are some kids who appear to be a bit of trouble makers but I'm not saying it's them. I have no clue. 

KyrinM
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM

This is why my aunt poison trains all her dogs.  Someone poisoned her dog once.  Since then she trains them not to touch any food without a verbal command they know.  So someone could throw a poison laced steak over her fence & her dogs would not touch it.  I am so sorry this happened, I have worked as a vet asst, I have seen it happen & it is horrible.  Most of the time by the time symptoms show up & the owner realizes they have been poisoned it is too late.  Best way to prevent in the future, poison training & kenneling, do a yard sweep before letting them out so you can be sure no bait has been left.  Again I am so sorry this happened to you.  Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I am so sorry. :( I hope you find out who did it. They can be charged with cruelty to animals. It would kill me to lose one of my animals like that. They are my babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I had a dog that barked a lot and my neighbor poured boiling soapy water on her and burned her really bad. It was so sad :( I wonder if she has neighbor issues.

Quoting wkukid:

I wonder this too. I don't understand why someone would do that without a reason.

Quoting banana-bear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)