Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone poisoned our dogs.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I WISH I was making this stuff up.

Yesterday we had to have BOTH of our dogs put down. You know why? Rat poisoning. Someone has been feeding our dogs rat poison. How fucked up is this? They've been our dogs since our oldest was a baby. It makes me sick that people do stuff like this

Figured I'd add this since so many people are asking:

The dogs did not bark excessively. They would bark if a car pulls way up in to our drive way(we have a very long drive way) but that's the only time. Granted they weren't outside all the time plus we don't have company all that often so it's not like they were constantly barking. 

They didn't roam either. Ever. We have a fenced in back yard that they stayed in and a baby gate is usually up because I babysit toddlers so they couldn't even get to the front door to escape. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
MamaMay007
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM

How did they get the poison to the dogs?  

DawnPratt23
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM
So sorry to hear this. My puppy when I was a little girl was fed gun powder and glass before the person who robbed our house had also hit him with a shovel on his head. For years he suffered ulcers.

Last summer someone was killing dogs around our city, its scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willie24622
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry that your family has to endure this. im sorry

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

That's what I wonder. Usually the only time people do that is if the dog barks or poos in their yard or digs in it or attacks or something like that. It could be mean kids too though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a dog that barked a lot and my neighbor poured boiling soapy water on her and burned her really bad. It was so sad :( I wonder if she has neighbor issues.

Quoting wkukid:

I wonder this too. I don't understand why someone would do that without a reason.

Quoting banana-bear:

Why would someone do that? Do you have issues with your neighbors?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Quoting MamaMay007:

Through the fence I guess. We don't have a tall fence so it would be easy to throw some in their bowl or in the yard. Especially since right behind our yard is a big field that anyone is welcome to walk through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
When I was a teen, some neighbors poisoned our dog and hung our cats. Why ? They were racist. It's why I hate people. I get more upset over an animal dying than a person. People suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Do you let your dogs roam? Do they bark 24/7? It's no excuse to poison a pet, but it can be understood.

And also, if someone is setting out bait for rats, dogs will gobble it down.

MamaMay007
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaMay007:

Through the fence I guess. We don't have a tall fence so it would be easy to throw some in their bowl or in the yard. Especially since right behind our yard is a big field that anyone is welcome to walk through.

I am so sorry!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I don't know why or who did it. They never get out of our yard. They bark sometimes but not excessively or at weird hours of the night/morning. Really the only time they bark is if they are outside and someone pulls up in our drive way. Other than that they are inside or don't have a reason to bark outside.

Quoting wkukid:

That's what I wonder. Usually the only time people do that is if the dog barks or poos in their yard or digs in it or attacks or something like that. It could be mean kids too though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a dog that barked a lot and my neighbor poured boiling soapy water on her and burned her really bad. It was so sad :( I wonder if she has neighbor issues.

Quoting wkukid:

I wonder this too. I don't understand why someone would do that without a reason.

Quoting banana-bear:

Why would someone do that? Do you have issues with your neighbors?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you let your dogs roam? Do they bark 24/7? It's no excuse to poison a pet, but it can be understood.

And also, if someone is setting out bait for rats, dogs will gobble it down.

I don't think poisoning a pet can ever be understood but I get what  you mean. They bark when a car pulls up in our drive way if they are outside(which they aren't 24/7 nor do we have company 24/7) but that's it.  They never get out though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)