Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone poisoned our dogs.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I WISH I was making this stuff up.

Yesterday we had to have BOTH of our dogs put down. You know why? Rat poisoning. Someone has been feeding our dogs rat poison. How fucked up is this? They've been our dogs since our oldest was a baby. It makes me sick that people do stuff like this

Figured I'd add this since so many people are asking:

The dogs did not bark excessively. They would bark if a car pulls way up in to our drive way(we have a very long drive way) but that's the only time. Granted they weren't outside all the time plus we don't have company all that often so it's not like they were constantly barking. 

They didn't roam either. Ever. We have a fenced in back yard that they stayed in and a baby gate is usually up because I babysit toddlers so they couldn't even get to the front door to escape. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Holy hell, I didn't realize this was so common...that is just disgusting :( I'm sorry that this happened to you guys...how are your children taking it? Any clue on who did it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I am sorry to say this, but there is likely a reason why. Were they barking all night? Get into somebodys yard? Bite someone? If you areletting them roam around, beoutside ALL night then it is your own fault..

autummayline
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM

That happened to my ex boyfriend, I'll never understand why people do that.

So sorry for your loss

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

When I was a teen, some neighbors poisoned our dog and hung our cats. Why ? They were racist. It's why I hate people. I get more upset over an animal dying than a person. People suck.

The pets were black?

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM
We had a nightmare similar our boxer pups got poisoned. and 3 days later our home was robbed 2 died and one survived mom got sick too but survived and ripped the robber bloody took a chunk of his calf i held the basterd at gunppint till cops arrived he had done this to 7 other families he was a freaken meth head and poisoned family pets with bad batches of meth i seripusly considered putting a bullet in his shoulder but my kids were home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM
How horrible
So sorry!

Probably a close neighbor
Did they bark when outside?

People are so cruel and evil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Quoting LucyMom08:

Holy hell, I didn't realize this was so common...that is just disgusting :( I'm sorry that this happened to you guys...how are your children taking it? Any clue on who did it?

I didn't know it was common. They are very upset over it. They are all old enough to understand it which makes it worse imo. We don't know who did it at all.

Casperstalks
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I am so, so, soooooo sorry! My thoughts are with you! 

im sorryhugs

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I will never understand how twisted someone could be to do such a horrible thing.

apollothor
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

What a terrible thing for the neighbors to do. Why? Were the dogs constantly barking or were they afraid of the dogs? If those issues were the case they could've handled it legally instead of murdering the dogs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN