Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone poisoned our dogs.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I WISH I was making this stuff up.

Yesterday we had to have BOTH of our dogs put down. You know why? Rat poisoning. Someone has been feeding our dogs rat poison. How fucked up is this? They've been our dogs since our oldest was a baby. It makes me sick that people do stuff like this

Figured I'd add this since so many people are asking:

The dogs did not bark excessively. They would bark if a car pulls way up in to our drive way(we have a very long drive way) but that's the only time. Granted they weren't outside all the time plus we don't have company all that often so it's not like they were constantly barking. 

They didn't roam either. Ever. We have a fenced in back yard that they stayed in and a baby gate is usually up because I babysit toddlers so they couldn't even get to the front door to escape. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
livingforthem83
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Sorry to hear that. Someone poisoned my cat when I was little. We found her dead outside our house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry to say this, but there is likely a reason why. Were they barking all night? Get into somebodys yard? Bite someone? If you areletting them roam around, beoutside ALL night then it is your own fault..

This is a horrible thing to say. Even if her dogs did say bark so what? Normal people go over and talk to the owners they do not commit a violent act like this. Also just to give another theory it could be criminals poisoning the animals to come back later to rob them. Way to blame the victim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Quoting sam12796:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry to say this, but there is likely a reason why. Were they barking all night? Get into somebodys yard? Bite someone? If you areletting them roam around, beoutside ALL night then it is your own fault..

This is a horrible thing to say. Even if her dogs did say bark so what? Normal people go over and talk to the owners they do not commit a violent act like this. Also just to give another theory it could be criminals poisoning the animals to come back later to rob them. Way to blame the victim.

Yeah even though the dogs weren't barking all the time, biting anyone or roaming, I don't see how it could be my fault even if they did. There is no excuse for murdering a pet. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Sorry that happened to your dogs.  It has happened to a friend of mine's dogs.  One of the reasons why I never leave my dog outside unsupervised.  People just don't poison dogs for shits and giggles.  I'm not excusing or condoning why someone would do it, it's wrong but you had to have left the dogs outside excessively barking or allowing them to roam freely through the neighbourhood, or it could even be the breed of dog you have.  My friend's dogs were poisoned because one was a Pitbull and I think she did allow them to bark excessively outside.  We don't sometimes realize it when it's out dogs because we're used to the barking, but I've noticed with some acquaintances their dogs do bark excessively.  Even if they (the owner of the dog) doesn't realize it's excessive barking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry that happened to your dogs.  It has happened to a friend of mine's dogs.  One of the reasons why I never leave my dog outside unsupervised.  People just don't poison dogs for shits and giggles.  I'm not excusing why someone would do it, it's wrong but you had to have left the dogs outside excessively barking or allowing them to roam freely through the neighbourhood, or it could even be the breed of dog you have.  My friend's dogs were poisoned because one was a Pitbull and I think she did allow them to bark excessively outside.  We don't sometimes realize it when it's out dogs because we're used to the barking, but I've noticed with some acquaintances their dogs do bark excessively.  Even if they (the owner of the dog) doesn't realize it's excessive barking.

No I did not let them bark excessivly or roam the neighborhood. One was a black lab and the other was a golden retriever. Neither breeds are known for excessive barking plus they were getting old and didn't have tons of energy to just run around barking. Not to mention they weren't outside 24/7.

blessedwith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Is it possible that they ate a rat or mouse that had been poisoned, it's called secondary poisoning, and one of the reasons I am hyper viligent about throwing any dead rodents I find in the garbage can, wrapped up in a plastic bag....and I have animal resistant garbage cans.  Rodent poison is HORRIBLE stuff....I hate it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
No. Some of my family is black so they killed our pets.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

When I was a teen, some neighbors poisoned our dog and hung our cats. Why ? They were racist. It's why I hate people. I get more upset over an animal dying than a person. People suck.

The pets were black?

Butterfly1108
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM

keep an extra eye out... a friend of mine had her dog poisoned, and the next week her house was robbed. the cops here said its common.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Omg, that's terrible. I hope you find out who did it. I'd probably bust out all their windows. Trashy but I don't even care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured