Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breast Implants or Tummy Tuck???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Has anyone had either one of them done? Please share your story.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope but when I'm done having kids and breastfeeding I'm going to look into both!

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm hoping to have a reduction and tuck after I'm done nursing which hopefully is in a year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Just love yourself for who you are!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes I had both done 2 years ago. What story do you want? Everything went well and the results are fabulous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
From a to full c after two kids and 12 years later they dropped to B cup right now. My look very very natural. And very proportional

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope but when I'm done having kids and breastfeeding I'm going to look into both!

blessedwboysx3
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I have implants, I got them 7 years ago I think.  Love them.  I had no problems or issues and they're still just fine.  I have friends that have had both and expressed the tummy tuck is much more painful.  I don't have much of a story I wanted boobs for as long as I can remember and when I could afford it I bought them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Yeah I went from a full A (I was fine with being small btw) to a full C (while breastfeeding), and after weaning each kid they go to a NOTHING, totally FLAT... so yeah, small was one thing, flat sucks. 

As for the tummy tuck, we'll see if I need one, I didn't after the 1st two but I have a feeling #3 is stretching things to the point of no return :( I don't want a flap of lose skin hanging there.

Quoting Anonymous:

From a to full c after two kids and 12 years later they dropped to B cup right now. My look very very natural. And very proportional

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I got a breast augmentation when my son was 4.5 months old.  I had been planning to get one since I was 18.  I was never happy with my chest size, and it really affected my self-esteem all through high school.  Well, I was raped my first semester of college and kept the baby (thus my son), so I had basically decided not to get it done because I needed to focus on him and not myself.  I'm not on PA, never have been, because I have a good job that pays well (I work with mentally handicapped adults one on one, teaching them life skills.  My client is high functioning so I have it easier.  She has siezures too, but I'm used to it, and she's really fun to be around), I'm a full time college student also but it's almost all online and until recently I lived with my mom so she paid water and electric and the house payment.  I paid for diapers and food and clothes.  She's an accountant at a daycare center/dayhab for handicapped adults and children (as well as children without disabilities) so I got free daycare until I moved out a few months ago so that was covered too.  My mom brought up that I had planned on getting the breast augmentation and that I should do it if it would make me happy.  I had the money because I have a full scholarship plus a stipend plus several grand in graduation money, but I was saving it for my son.  Well, when I told her I wasn't getting it done, she said she would pay half because she knew how much I hated my body. I still refused and she told me she was taking back the 2000 she gave me for graduation if I didn't use it to get it done because the only reason she gave me that much money was because it was supposed to go toward my breast augmentation. (I know it sounds dumb to most people, but I never spend money on myself, and the money was going to sit in the bank and she wanted me to do the one thing I had always wanted to do for myself.  She said I shouldn't punish myself for being raped.  I didn't see it that way, but she felt I needed to do what I had planned to do, especially since my son has a college fund set up.)  Finally, after debating forever, I finally went and got it done.  When the dr found out about my son and how I'd wanted this done since I was 16 years old, he cut the price by 1/3.  He was so nice, and I appreciate him so much.  The procedure itself was in a hospital a month after my initial visit with him.  I got an IV and they put me to sleep.  When I woke up, they had deadened my entire chest so I couldn't feel anything.  Everything was really swollen for like a week, and I couldn't walk around with my son for a week (drs orders), so my mom would lay him in my lap or I'd lay on the floor with him.  I couldn't hold my hands above my head because it hurt too much for a few weeks.  It was definitely worth it because my son was young enough that it didn't matter I couldn't move my arms much.  I still held him and fed him and changed him.  I just couldn't walk around the house with him.  I also had a lot of trouble washing my hair.  Haha.  To me, it was worth it, because I had such horrible body image problems, but you have to base it on yourself.  I am 5'8", 125 lbs, and I now wear a 32 C bra size.  I can still breastfeed if I had a child in the future and decided I wanted to.  I can't feel my breasts though.  That was one of the risks involved, and I'm so happy it happened to me, because I hated the feeling of anyone touching my boobs before and my SO is a boob man (as many are haha), so now he can mess with them all he wants and I can't feel it so it doesn't matter.   I got saline and my implants were put under the muscle, which hurts more and takes longer to recover but it's safer and there's less of a chance of them busting.  I have insurance on them as funny as that sounds, so if they break I just have to pay for the hospital visit to get them redone.  I know people who have had them for 30 years though, so I'm not too concerned.  I'm very happy with their appearance, though I know some people who have been very upset about the result of their augmentations.  Just follow your own opinion and find a good doctor!  

Childofares
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I want a reduction but I probably need an implant since I'm over 35 and losing that upper fullness in my breasts. Right now the issue is just price. That and I'm not at my target weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN