Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FML I think I need To go to the dentist.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I have a bump with a red spot in the middle of it in the back of my mouth where my wisdom tooth was. It has a throbbing pain usually but if I bite down on something back there it is a sharp pain.

I will call the dentist in the AM, but does anyone have experience with what this could be?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
So.Ill.Mama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM

idk off of the top of my head, honestly. maybe some partially exposed bone or some sort of infection?? i feel ya, though...tooth pain is the absolute worst! hope you're better asap!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Thanks. In pretty sure it's not exposed bone. I was thinking maybe an abcesz or other infection. Hoping its not tho. But of rather be safe than sorry!

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

idk off of the top of my head, honestly. maybe some partially exposed bone or some sort of infection?? i feel ya, though...tooth pain is the absolute worst! hope you're better asap!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM

take some Motrin to keep the swelling down...

So.Ill.Mama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM

oh, that was my bad, then..i  must've read it wrong..whoops.. as far as mouth/teeth stuff go, you're right, it is better to be safe than sorry...maybe you'll get some antibiotics and be good to go =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. In pretty sure it's not exposed bone. I was thinking maybe an abcesz or other infection. Hoping its not tho. But of rather be safe than sorry!

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM
All I have is children's Motrin lol but I guess that's better than nothing. Plus, it tastes like bubblegum! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

take some Motrin to keep the swelling down...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
That would be great! DH says the regular dr should be able to look at it and if it's an infection just give me an antibiotic.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

oh, that was my bad, then..i  must've read it wrong..whoops.. as far as mouth/teeth stuff go, you're right, it is better to be safe than sorry...maybe you'll get some antibiotics and be good to go =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM

If you think it is an infection, swish peroxide...don't swallow any, but it will help clean out the infection!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Idk i just got new teeth two days ago, so I'm a happy bitch
So.Ill.Mama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM

i would think so, too.

i HATE the dentist....with a passion. my kids go and want me to come back w/ them, and i always do, but honestly, i'm like a 5 yr old in my head.."uuuuhhhh....i don't waaaannnnnnaaa.....do i haaaaaaavvve tooo??!!' lol...i'll never tell my kids that, though ;-) i just hate the sounds of their tools, and strange people being in my mouth, and not knowing or being able to see what they're doing/are going to do.. ugh..no thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

That would be great! DH says the regular dr should be able to look at it and if it's an infection just give me an antibiotic.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Butterfly1108
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Rinse & gargle with some listerine...Or warm salty water. Put some numbing gel too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)