Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd is the only one who has to wear a one piece

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this
Being LDS we aren't okay with 2 piece bikinis. We aren't extremely strict. We just require one pieces that's all. Well dd is having a tough time with it. She's at the age where pool parties and bikinis are becoming "in". All of her friends went shopping for swimsuits and she didn't get one because she felt weird buying a one piece while the others got 2 pieces.

I'm kind of stuck here. Modesty is very important to us and I'm not going to let her wear a bikini but I do wish I could make her feel better about it. Has anyone else dealt with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM
My dd is only allowed to wear one pieces, but she's only 6, so we haven't gotten to that age yet. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this

What about a tankini? They still cover, but most are more 'fashionable' that full one pieces...

taminick32
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM
What about a tanktini? It's meeting in the middle...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
One piece suits only here, unless they are tankinis. There are many one piece styles that are cute. She'll live.
abernathyvanna
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Help her find a cute 1 piece. 

IMO a lot of the 1 piece bathing suits are cuter than 2 pieces. 

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Most tankinis dont even show any belly. What about a one piece with cutouts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I wouldn't mind that either. My sister has a 2 piece that covers her stomach and id be fine with that. I just don't want all of this stuff that shows her stomach and such but that's what everyone else is buying so that's what she wants. *sigh*

Quoting LucyMom08:

What about a tankini? They still cover, but most are more 'fashionable' that full one pieces...

Tay06
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Is a tankini allowed?  I can't really blame her.  I respect your beliefs and your religion, but we live in a bikini age.  Very few girls wear one pieces anymore.  Personally, I would let my daughter wear a bikini regardless of her age.  I would get a more covering bikini (check VS, there is a difference in how much coverage you can get) for the younger ages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
No cut outs but I'd be okay with a tankini as long as it covered her stomach and most of her back.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Most tankinis dont even show any belly. What about a one piece with cutouts?
WashingtonMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I would also have to say a tankini could work, and there are so many cute styles. Or maybe you can entice her with a "retro" suit, like a halter one piece with more coverage on the bottom?  Get her a giant pair of movie star sunglasses and she's all set. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured