Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help. I have created a monster with my baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My baby (my 5th) nursed every 2 hours around the clock for 6 months so she has been in our bed. Hubby has slept on the couch for years because he snores and I like to stay up late watching TV which always kept him awake. He is happy on the couch, he says. Anyway, at 7 months of age after my daughter had been weaned for about a month I tried moving her to her crib, which is in my room. She SCREAMED. I couldn't take it and after 20 minutes I caved and brought her in my bed. She is 15 months old now. Every night we read a book, she takes 4 oz out of a bottle and I try to put her in her crib. She SCREAMS. I have tried going in and comforting her every 7 minutes for an hour and nothing works. Nothing is working. All I want is to be able to put her down in her crib and have a little time alone to sit and read or watch some TV or play/read with my older kids without her in my bed. When she is in my bed, she wakes up and screams every single time I creep out of bed in the middle of the night to pee. We have tried it at naptime and bedtime. I NEVER let my older 4 kids in my bed so I am clueless. Any helpful suggestions? I love her to pieces but when I am home she is in my arms or in my lap and even in bed she is right on top or next to me. I just want a little time alone! Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
oliver92
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM

If you are EBF and going to make it work and you want some sleep, the best thing will be to co-sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg.... I'm expecting my first in May. I was planning on cosleeping & bf.... This sounds like a nightmare!!!!!!!!

omg.

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:54 AM

A soft "No." and spank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Do they sleep longer when cosleeping??

Quoting oliver92:

If you are EBF and going to make it work and you want some sleep, the best thing will be to co-sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg.... I'm expecting my first in May. I was planning on cosleeping & bf.... This sounds like a nightmare!!!!!!!!

omg.

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:59 AM
It doesn't have to be! This isn't the norm! I co sleep and my two yr old is sleeping peacefully in his bed. We do our normal routine, bath, Jammie's, book or tv show and bed, he then climbs into his bed turns over and goes to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

omg.

BUMP!
horseap
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Were still cosleeping with DD.  If Im home she nurses to sleep and has to be tucked in so she cant touch me. If she has her foot leg hand on me and I move she wakes.  But if she is snuggled in, shes in her own cocoon.  If its DH she cries but he comforts her and pats her to sleep.  For him she will sleep all night because she went to sleep on her own.  For  ME she wakes up a few times because she knows her boobs were there and they vanished.  Try having DH put her to bed.  My DH is the one that got me through weaning.  I was a big ball of tears because they were crying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Like another poster said, there are other options between letting her continue to co sleep and letting her scream/cry!!! Research some methods until you find one that works for you! I can't post links as I am mobile but she posted one!
.thatsme.
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:02 AM
When you find the answer let me know. Lol

My older boys, 8 and 7 never slept with me. But my 3 year old wont sleep without me. But it doesn't really bother me because my SO works nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Not only are there bfng advantages but a lot of other health advantages too! When you co sleep (bed share) SAFELY!!
Baby regulates his temperature better when co-sleeping.
Baby regulates his breathing (safe breathing) when co sleeping with mom.
Mom goes into protective sleep mode and is more in tune with her baby waking if there is a problem with babies breathing.
There are less SIDS related deaths with safe co sleeping babies.
Babies BFs better and longer when co sleeping.
Research all the ways that co sleeping is good for baby! Very important - research how to co sleep safely!

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they sleep longer when cosleeping??

Quoting oliver92:

Quoting Anonymous:

omg.

BUMP!

MamaMoopsie
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I had this same problem with my first born. She had her own crib in our room, but since I was nursing I just let her sleep with us. DH couldn't sleep with her in our bed, but her tried. Well, we finally started putting her back in her crib after every nursing but she would instantly wake up and start screaming. I would cave too. Finally we moved her crib into the bedroom down the hall and I just forced myself to stick it out. The first two nights almost killed me. I would give her a bath, put that sleepy-time lotion on her, read to her while she had a bottle and then I'd put her in her crib and say I love you. Then I'd wait outside the bedroom for 10 minutes, she'd still be screaming, so I'd go back in and lay her back down and cover her again, say I love you again, and walk back out, closing the door behind me. The first night, she slept maybe twenty minutes. I sat on the floor outside her bedroom and cried. The second night she fought sleep for about two hours then would sleep for one, then fought for another hour or so and sleep for one...all night long. By the third night she was down to screaming for about thirty minutes. I would go in after ten and lay her back down, but after the third time she slept through the night. She's now almost four years old and other than waking up to go potty once in a while, she's been sleeping through the night and not fighting going to bed since she was about 2 years old, before that she'd always fight it, but still stayed in her own bed once she fell asleep.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

A soft "No." and spank.

I know you must be joking because no omne "spanks" their baby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN