Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help. I have created a monster with my baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My baby (my 5th) nursed every 2 hours around the clock for 6 months so she has been in our bed. Hubby has slept on the couch for years because he snores and I like to stay up late watching TV which always kept him awake. He is happy on the couch, he says. Anyway, at 7 months of age after my daughter had been weaned for about a month I tried moving her to her crib, which is in my room. She SCREAMED. I couldn't take it and after 20 minutes I caved and brought her in my bed. She is 15 months old now. Every night we read a book, she takes 4 oz out of a bottle and I try to put her in her crib. She SCREAMS. I have tried going in and comforting her every 7 minutes for an hour and nothing works. Nothing is working. All I want is to be able to put her down in her crib and have a little time alone to sit and read or watch some TV or play/read with my older kids without her in my bed. When she is in my bed, she wakes up and screams every single time I creep out of bed in the middle of the night to pee. We have tried it at naptime and bedtime. I NEVER let my older 4 kids in my bed so I am clueless. Any helpful suggestions? I love her to pieces but when I am home she is in my arms or in my lap and even in bed she is right on top or next to me. I just want a little time alone! Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Replies (31-36):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM
At 15 months you read her a book cuddle and put her in the crib, the get a comfortable chair and set it next to the crib, but your face away from her and sit. I would have my kindle, legs proper on a bed and sit until she goes to sleep. Ever 7 mins I would say its bed time, you have to go night night. Every 20 I would get up and lay her back down in the crib and bince a butt, or rub a tummy depending on how they slept. If they keep fighting it, I go back to.my kindle. In the dark room. I never leave the room, but I don't give it.

If I am going for a fast fix, I pin the child to me with thier nose in my neck and let them fight me out, usually lots of angry tears on thief part and then accepted, and long sleep from their good fight.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Consistency. Develop a night time routine. Bath, story, bed. She will get it. It'll be a torturous few days but it'll be worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:16 AM
I let my son fall asleep with me and then put him in his crib... The first few days were tough but then his waking up become further apart and now he sleep throughout the night most nights in his crib (still falls asleep with me snuggling him...my choice)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:19 AM

take a shirt u wore for tge day and use it as a blanket.  your scent from ur shirt will help. routine helps, and be consistent when putting her  in her crib. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Ok good luck with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

A soft "No." and spank.

I know you must be joking because no omne "spanks" their baby!!

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM

this. if you leave her only for a bit and then take her back to your bed, she's not going to learn.

think of it this way: if your child is trying to learn how to ride a bike and the second she falls off you take her inside the house, how is she going to learn how to ride?

any new habit or change takes time to get used to.  sleeing in a new environment is the same.  if you don't let her try it for more than a few minutes, she will not get used to it/adapt.

Quoting usmchoney:

I think you are just going to have to stick with it when you put her in the crib, consistency is key.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)