Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Freaky Doll, Need a Reading.... *pic* *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 253 Replies

Update: I'm sorry that I freaked so many of you out. It was late, I was tired, and in talking with my mom about this cat got myself all freaked out about it even though I haven't been. I also tried to explain the cat's backstory in a matter of fact way, but I can see now how reading that and then actually seeing this faceless cat may have put an air of tension in the virtual air.

I want to clear up a few things about this cat that I may not have been clear about already. We have had this cat for a little while now. In a reply, I said a couple months, but that wa too vauge to be specific enough. It wasn't two months, we've had it for probably 5 months at this point? Maybe 6. I don't remember exactly when we got it, but it was definitely last fall.

In a reply I stated that the old cat (she's 15) and the puppy (she's about 5 months) don't have any problem with the doll. Neither do my elementary school aged sibilings, although they do think it's weird that it has no face because they haven't had any exposure to Amish dolls or anything similar. No one else who has seen this cat has felt anything about it other than confusion at the lack of face and where it came from.

My son likes the cat. He doesn't play with stuffed animals much (he's more interested in his newfound trick of driving cars around lol) but he's interested when I make it "meow" and move it around. He doesn't seem afraid of it or shy away from it.

I was creeped out by the lack of face, obviously. I didn't really feel anything negative about it, I just didn't want it to "watch" me because it felt like one of those paintings that's alway staring directly at the viewer... but how can something with no face "watch?" The woman I was thinking of, and who I will continue to discuss with the poster who seems to be figuring her out, I don't think she would want to cause harm. If she did, it would have happened by now.

If anyone is interested, I can take and post some more pictures with a better quality camera (because my computer camera may have also contibuted to the various scary faces people were seeing in this freaky cat), maybe with other toys or stuffed animals around so it's less alone and prominent. Also, I don't want to get rid of it, unless it proves itself evil. It feels like we need to keep it, ever since I first pulled it out of the bag.

I *think* that covers everything.

And as a side note, I feel honored to have gotten such an entertaining spin-off, I'm going to have to go find that after I reply to a few of these replies!

First, I'm not a member of the haunted realm, so that's why I'm in here.

My son has this stuffed cat. It's kind of freaky because it has no face, just a blank space where it's face should be.

Nobody knows where it came from. I pulled it out of a bag of stuff from my in-laws house that had stuff from them and my MIL's parents for my son. Inside was this cat. When I asked about it, because I wanted to know why it had no face (I assumed it was homemade because it also had no tags or markings) neither my in-laws, MIL's parents, or my SO (who did the transport of the bag) know anything about it. So it just randomly showed up in this bag of stuff meant for my son.

The other day, I got this really strange feeling about it. I had taken it out of a pile of stuffed animals to show someone, and then I put it with my son's toys. Then it was on the living room floor, not too sure how it got there. While my son was nursing he kept unlatching to stare at this cat, so I was playing with him with it so he would nurse. Then he suddenly didn't want anything to do with it (which I put down as he's a baby and just didn't want it) but as I put it down out of sight and "facing" away from me, I got a very strong sense of a particular individual.

I don't want to give too many details as to the identity of this person, because if it is this person, it should be able to be read I think. I'm not too sure on whether I believe in the supernatural, but there are plenty of things that can't be explained, and this cat is freaky enough to warrant an explaination I think. So, here's the cat:

(And that is my shadow on the left, and the shadow of my laptop on the right, so no, I'm not trying to say those are ghosts lol)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Derpy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I've had plenty of experinces and more freaky ones in my life just like this.
Get rid of the plush,you will be glad you did.Trust me on this one.

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I want to, I think. But I feel like I can't. It hasn't "done" anything except give me the heebie jeebies. And both the old cat and puppy that live here are totally fine with it...

Quoting Derpy:

aimeegreen4ever
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM
No idea... Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Thank you.

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

No idea... Bump

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. I got a china doll once for a really good price at an auction. Still in the box, unopened. Got her for $5. The next morning I woke up and she was tilted to the opposite side on her box than she had been the night before AND there was fresh condensation INSIDE the box. I got rid of her. Immediately

Quoting Derpy:

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I WOULD THROW THAT THING IN THE TRASH IMEDIATELY!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

AshleyPie
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM
8 moms liked this
I see a creepy ass face on it! It may be shadows or my eyes playing tricks, but I do see a face and it has a very maniacal smile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM

That's pretty weird. The only time this one might have moved, it might have been one of my younger sibilings, so it hasn't definitely moved of its own accord. If it moved like your China doll I would have ripped it apart lol

Quoting Oceana09:

Agreed. I got a china doll once for a really good price at an auction. Still in the box, unopened. Got her for $5. The next morning I woke up and she was tilted to the opposite side on her box than she had been the night before AND there was fresh condensation INSIDE the box. I got rid of her. Immediately

Quoting Derpy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Freaky, right?

Quoting kdloves.:

I WOULD THROW THAT THING IN THE TRASH IMEDIATELY!

MorphineDoll3
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Its under your bed!!!! And tickles your feet in your sleep and caresses your tit when ur in.bed!!! Humps ur leg for hours!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN