Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH just called me...from jail. ******Update****** *Edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies

I got a call at around 4 this morning. DH was arrested for DUI. This has never happened before and I'm not sure what to do. He told me I have to be at the courthouse at 8:30 or 9. Can anyone tell me what will happen? I'm freaking out!

***Update***

Dh is home. They did not make me pay a bond since it was his first offense.  All I did was sign him out. I'm extremely upset and stressed out. Thanks to all the ladies that had a kind word and/or advice. To those who said I should just leave him there, I couldn't. My son is 2 years old, almost 3. I didn't want him to know anything was wrong. I wanted his day to be as normal as possible. I took him to daycare and then he went to his friend's house to play until I picked him up. Dh went straight from jail and went to work. His boss knows what happened and he is getting written up for being late but not losing his job. To the person who asked why I didn't know where he was until the 4 am phone call: he works until 1 am. I'm always in bed when he gets home. 

He does not have a court date yet. I have a friend that is a very successful attorney so he will represent Dh. 

We did not have a whole lot of time to talk since we were rushing to get him to work. The only thing I have said so far is that if he ever does this to be again, I will be done. I do not deserve that and neither does my son.

ETA

I forgot to add that they didn't tow the car. It was in a safe parking place so they just left it there.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Sorry i've never been through anything like this so here is a bump for you

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I'm not sure but here's a bump for someone who knows. And goodluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:08 AM

No idea. Bump

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:08 AM
No idea never been through that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Bump! Anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

call the jail and ask what his bond is set at, if it is cash only, and what time he is going to court.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM
12 moms liked this
Personally id let my husband sit, a dui is no joke, he could of killed himself or someone else.
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM

No, but my state runs these PSA ads that state DUIs have combined costs of $20-30,000. Between the mandatory SSI insurance, court costs, fines, etc. etc. etc. Good luck with that :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I talked to the police officer. He hasn't seen a judge yet so I don't think bond has been set. He just told me sometime tomorrow but he also said if I was there in the morning it would speed up the process.

Quoting Anonymous:

call the jail and ask what his bond is set at, if it is cash only, and what time he is going to court.

ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM
This. Even if it was the first time...it only takes once to get behind the wheel and kill yourself or someone else. It was very selfish of him.

Quoting krissy920:

Personally id let my husband sit, a dui is no joke, he could of killed himself or someone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)