Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH just called me...from jail. ******Update****** *Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got a call at around 4 this morning. DH was arrested for DUI. This has never happened before and I'm not sure what to do. He told me I have to be at the courthouse at 8:30 or 9. Can anyone tell me what will happen? I'm freaking out!

***Update***

Dh is home. They did not make me pay a bond since it was his first offense.  All I did was sign him out. I'm extremely upset and stressed out. Thanks to all the ladies that had a kind word and/or advice. To those who said I should just leave him there, I couldn't. My son is 2 years old, almost 3. I didn't want him to know anything was wrong. I wanted his day to be as normal as possible. I took him to daycare and then he went to his friend's house to play until I picked him up. Dh went straight from jail and went to work. His boss knows what happened and he is getting written up for being late but not losing his job. To the person who asked why I didn't know where he was until the 4 am phone call: he works until 1 am. I'm always in bed when he gets home. 

He does not have a court date yet. I have a friend that is a very successful attorney so he will represent Dh. 

We did not have a whole lot of time to talk since we were rushing to get him to work. The only thing I have said so far is that if he ever does this to be again, I will be done. I do not deserve that and neither does my son.

ETA

I forgot to add that they didn't tow the car. It was in a safe parking place so they just left it there.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Replies (131-137):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

calling bullshit...no court date, they didn't tow the car.....yeah right!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Trolling

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Trolling

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Trolling

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I would insist that he attend AA meetings. 

Fullmoon_Goddes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. Hugs and positive thoughts to you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

First offense, he might get off with a slap on the hand, especially if he has a good attorney.  His ride has just begun. He still has to see the judge and depending on the laws in your state, he may still have mandatory jail, which for a first offense is like 30 days or so, plus mandatory fines.  Good luck with this.  I've been down this road before with my own husband and it isn't any fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)