Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sugar skull

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:50 AM
  • 12 Replies

i really LOVE these tattoos or even the designs of the skulls on a shirt. i was thinking of getting a tattoo. i love the detail, but how do you know what each symbol stands for? or if it even has any meaning. any of you moms have any sugar skull tattos that would like to share and kinda let me in on how all the detailed design came to be. and what the skull means to you.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Design your own with your own meaning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:54 AM
I Dont but i love them. :) this Halloween i even did my face as a half sugar skull lol :)) i debated a tattoo when then was like "hm....will i actually like this when Im older?" (i try to stick.to tattoos with meaning to me.).

But yeah...BUMP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I love them too. We have been in Mexico when they had a celebration for them and it was amazing. I don't have a clue about the different meanings but I do know that it is customary for some families to actually paint relatives skulls like them and place them on an alter near a window at there home. Neighbors and family come and pay respect and celebrate those loved ones. 

canog08
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:22 AM

i know what you mean i love how the skulls look but i don't just want to get it because of how it looks, if that was the case i can just go get the tank tops with designs on them .... i would like to incorporate meaning into it  

Quoting ninjakids:

I Dont but i love them. :) this Halloween i even did my face as a half sugar skull lol :)) i debated a tattoo when then was like "hm....will i actually like this when Im older?" (i try to stick.to tattoos with meaning to me.).

But yeah...BUMP

canog08
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM

hmmm  thats a thought. that will be triky though... im a sucky at drawing

Quoting Litlmama87:

Design your own with your own meaning

canog08
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM

B

canog08
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:47 AM

U

canog08

M

canog08

P

canog08
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM

ANYONE ELSE???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN