Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So friggin mad.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ok, so my DH works in a city about 45 mins from where we live. We have been dropping our dd off with my cousin, she's great with kids and has three of her own. Dd was going to my moms before, but I figure it'd be nice for her to play with some kids her age; dd is 2 btw. About 3 days she hasn't answered her door and we've had to bring dd to my moms anyways. DH ALWAYS shows up right at 7. He texts me when she's been dropped off. He's never late. My cousin has a husband too. Neither of them work! Gah! Answer your flipping door... My DH is on a 3 month probation at work and its not up until April. I REALLY hope he doesn't get fired..

She agreed to watch dd and we pay her to do so.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Did your cousin agree to be your babysitter?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Maybe she's tired of watching your kid but don't want to hurt your feelings by saying so?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM
You're mad because someone doesn't want to babysit? Are you paying her to watch your dd?
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Have you tryed calling her later in the day? I'd wonder if something is going on. Is someone sick or have they just changed their minds about watching your daughter? Maybe nobody is home? Could they still be sleeping? I wonder if they forgot to spring forward (do you live in an area where that applies?) Or did it on all their clocks except for their alarm clock.

I agree it's very frustrating and would drive me crazy as well. Hopefully this doesn't hurt your dh at work and hopefully you can find out what's going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Yup. We agrees upon 7 am and I'd text her when I was picking dd up. I pay her $15 for every day she's there.

Quoting southern.momof2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Well, the first time this week her son was sick, ok that's fine, but today it's because she was sleeping. I should also mention that her husbands little brother lives there and he's about 18. I just don't understand why one of them can't wait there at the door.. They live in a house that's been turned into an apartment.

Quoting embrigmom:

Have you tryed calling her later in the day? I'd wonder if something is going on. Is someone sick or have they just changed their minds about watching your daughter? Maybe nobody is home? Could they still be sleeping? I wonder if they forgot to spring forward (do you live in an area where that applies?) Or did it on all their clocks except for their alarm clock.

I agree it's very frustrating and would drive me crazy as well. Hopefully this doesn't hurt your dh at work and hopefully you can find out what's going on.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Well she's obviously not reliable. Find another sitter or daycare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup. We agrees upon 7 am and I'd text her when I was picking dd up. I pay her $15 for every day she's there.

Quoting southern.momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Yes. I am paying her. She AGREED to watch her.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're mad because someone doesn't want to babysit? Are you paying her to watch your dd?
angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Do you have an agreement with her to watch your child? Do you pay her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Yeah, I told DH that he can just bring her to my moms. Three adults live there, if one can't bother to be waiting at the door, we can't be bothered to bring dd over.

Quoting owl0210:

Well she's obviously not reliable. Find another sitter or daycare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southern.momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)