Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you consider "controlling"... Added

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mother in law told me she thinks in controlling but because I have to be because if I'm not things wouldn't get done... I neer really thought of myself as controlling what do you consider controlling

I am on top of everything.... I remind DH about appointments(that I make) I make his doctors appointments, oil change, ect. I handle all the money(but he makes all the money) I check the bank account daily to make sure he isn't over spending BUT I ask him before I buy things. Not everything but if its something we need but could wait on I just ask him first. I don't think I'm controlling but I think I make it clear what is expected of him on each day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Bump
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Maybe you are controlling. Have you ever tried to back off? Things will get done without you.
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
They won't lol but what do you consider controlling

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you are controlling. Have you ever tried to back off? Things will get done without you.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
People think my DH is "controlling "because I ask him before spending money. Lol

Most of the women were I'm from only want a pap dog to agree with everything they do and give them money.
I'm sorry I want a partner! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
What would happen if you ended up on the hospital?

I think a lot of things are controlling, people who tell people what to do, people who have their hands in everything and can't let go and let people do things on their own. You don't give a lot of information so its not like anyone can give their opinion on whether or not you are.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

They won't lol but what do you consider controlling

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You ask him before you spend any money? I would consider that controlling too. "Hey baby, there's this cup of coffee I want, can I buy it?'

Quoting AleaKat:

People think my DH is "controlling "because I ask him before spending money. Lol

Most of the women were I'm from only want a pap dog to agree with everything they do and give them money.

I'm sorry I want a partner! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM

more info needed..what is it you are controlling about OP?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Ordering people around, not letting your husband go places or do things, choosing his clothes or hairstyles, being a domineering jerk all day long.

What are you doing?

IndigoRose
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

more info needed..what is it you are controlling about OP?

Yes, more info...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)