Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your DH/SO and other guys noticing you.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

Poll

Question: How does your DH/SO feel about how you dress/look and other men to looking at you? Is he bothered by it? Or does he take it as a compliment? (The choices are similar, so read all before voting)

Options:

He takes too much pride in my appearance, and expects me to dress to attract envy/attention for show.

He takes it as a compliment to him/isn't bothered, and doesn't care what I wear.

He is kind of bothered, and may insert a comment if he thinks it's too sexy, but doesn't control me.

He is very controlling over what I wear, and wants me covered as much as possible, and HATES when other guys look at me, or if I notice them looking.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 151

View Results

How does he feel about it? I see some women say their husband doesn't even like them to be noticed by other guys at all. I never understood it, but I guess it's a major insecurity, and sometimes a major control issue. Does he monitor/control what you wear? Does he care about how much skin you are showing?

Also, how do YOU feel about how he is?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Bump

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I chose the third answer! Because if i get dressed up he is usually like "who are you trying to impress?"
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Hubby wants me to dress like a hoochie. I'm more of a cardigan, long skirt gal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM
My dh doesnt really care. He is secure in our relationship, and I guess takes it as a compliment. I do enjoy the occasional flirt or guy checking me out. Makes me feel like I still got it lol. I dont go out of my way, or dress special or anything to bring attention to myself though
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Number 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I dress conservatively but SOs friends make it known that they think I'm attractive. one accidentally hit on me because all he saw was my butt and didn't realize I was me lol. I talked to him about it last night actually and he said it doesn't bug him. It makes him feel good that his friends think I'm pretty, which makes the effort I put into myself worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

If we are going out and something is too-tight (around my bum or boobs) or shows skin, he WILL say something and tell me to change.  I don't mind because it's his opinion that matters more than anyone elses. I married him not some random guy on the street. 

AleaKat
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I fully believe a woman can be just as sexy without the risk of a peek a boo.

DH loves me to be sexy and takes pride when another man notices but I'm not his "trophy" .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Choice two.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM
He isn't bothered by it, he laughs about it sometimes. I typically don't dress in a way that attracts attention though - well not that I think anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)