Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going to be one bored lady....

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 1 Replies

So I am in dire financial straits.  I got divorced and am living in "our" house until it sells, which also means im making the payment alone, plus electric, etc.  Car payment, ins, childcare, etc etc.  I do get child support.  Its enough to cover the child care.  I have been really struggling, having like $20-$30 left out of every paycheck for gas and groceries/diapers.  I do get WIC so that helps with expensive stuff like milk.  I dont get FS tho.  So I decided to cut out almost all my fun stuff.  I cut my blockbuster mail account, my internet, my dish, im switching to a pay as you go plan instead of AT&T, im raised my deductibles on my car ins to lower the payment (I will put them back once im in a better position because it scared me, lol).  All in all, cutting all those things, I am saving about $250 a month.  This is a huge relief to me even tho with no tv or internet or movies coming in the mail, im going to be VERY bored.  LOL!  Guess I will have to start reading all those books I have laying around!  Now someone just needs to BUY MY HOUSE!!!  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Anyone else have any ideas on ways to cut back???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN