Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't freakin stand this brat! **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 4 yo dd is such a little bitch. She gets up in the morning and pinches me til I wake up. She spits out her cereal on the floor and hits me when I get her dressed and that's just the beginning!! I can't wait until dh gets home in the evenings so she can be his problem. I can't stand being a sahm but we can't afford daycare costs in NYC. I can't wait til she starts school so she can learn that people in life won't put up with her selfish shit! FML!!!

***TROLL***
(Thank you for being here) 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (281-290):
sampson200
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was surprised but intrigued to see how many women were inclined to help me and advise me instead of bad-mom-shaming me. Almost as though they cared more about my dd getting parented properly instead of an obviously mentally-ill parent being ridiculed.

Where did you inform the public here that you are mentally-ill?

And hey, I gave you a spray bottle suggestion.......

And mental illness is no excuse .....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I think this post was obviously the words of a woman with untreated mental illness.

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was surprised but intrigued to see how many women were inclined to help me and advise me instead of bad-mom-shaming me. Almost as though they cared more about my dd getting parented properly instead of an obviously mentally-ill parent being ridiculed.

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Well maybe you shouldn't put up with it first. Time outs, something seriously... give her positive attention if you aren't instead of always jsut giving negative attention. I dunno but it might make life easier and more enjoyable for ya!

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Hi!  Sorry to say it but nothing here states that you have a mental illness.  Instead it sounds like a frustrated mother who doesn't know how to control her anger.

Nothing at all screams mental problem.  This coming from a certified counselor btw :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I think this post was obviously the words of a woman with untreated mental illness.

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

sampson200
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Obvious?

Not on this website, honeybunches.

Buncha freaks and wackadoos out there with crazy ideas and parenting snafoos.

You're pretty average.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I'm an addictions counselor. This could most definitely be the words of a mother (possibly an addict) with depression (or dysthymia). Wants to love her child but doesn't know how, confined at home with an out of control child with a physical disability, trying to bribe her child, doesn't know how to discipline, ttc a second child hoping it will "fix things," a working husband who may have no idea...mental illness comes in many forms. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

Hi!  Sorry to say it but nothing here states that you have a mental illness.  Instead it sounds like a frustrated mother who doesn't know how to control her anger.

Nothing at all screams mental problem.  This coming from a certified counselor btw :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM

And absolutely nothing indicates this mother uses anger directly in her parenting. She spanks, but doesn't talk about yelling or screaming. She gives in. The anger is displayed here, anonymously onlne to strangers. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

dlnimo
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
So do I!

Quoting emptynesst:

Whatever...I seriously think this is a troll post!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM

As a Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention counselor nothing in the OP made me see mental illness.  Granted I didn't read all of the replies (wayyy too many).

From the information you gave me here she needs to seek a counselor about depression and anxiety.  Also PPD.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm an addictions counselor. This could most definitely be the words of a mother (possibly an addict) with depression (or dysthymia). Wants to love her child but doesn't know how, confined at home with an out of control child with a physical disability, trying to bribe her child, doesn't know how to discipline, ttc a second child hoping it will "fix things," a working husband who may have no idea...mental illness comes in many forms. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Okay, you're EXTRA slow. She's not real. And um, yeah, depression. like what I said.

Quoting blues_pagan:

As a Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention counselor nothing in the OP made me see mental illness.  Granted I didn't read all of the replies (wayyy too many).

From the information you gave me here she needs to seek a counselor about depression and anxiety.  Also PPD.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN