Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shampoo Free Moms I have a question!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 76 Replies

When your hair starts to get a bit oily what do you do? My Sons hair is "Poo Free" and it is getting oily, Mine does it too we are going into week 2 poo free I don't know if that makes a difference.

And I Have another question, what do you do about static-y hair? My hair is like a wild woman.

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Do you not wash or do you use alternives? Serious question I am trying to go poos free. Cut down to once a week washing for DD and I... 

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

my kids are poo free, but they always have been, so i'm not sure about a transition period.

here's a bump :)

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Do you not wash or do you use alternives? Serious question I am trying to go poos free. Cut down to once a week washing for DD and I... 

I use Water/Baking Soda and ACV for conditioner once a week.

babygrlsmommy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Bumping this... Im curious about this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM

There's a transition period. What method of washing are you using? If you are still 'pooing, but only once a week or so, the greasiness will never go away. If your doing a BS & ACV method, it will take about a month before you transition completely.

ssassys
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

If you're in your second week it's probaly that your scalp is trying to figure out where it's balance is.  You may have a week or so of it looking a little greasy but it will normalize pretty soon and you won't have to worry about it.  I wash daily with baking soda but I also rinse with ACV daily as well and never really had that greasy stage.  I read somewhere that the ACV helps put your scalp back to what it's normal pH should be.  Hope this helps!

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a transition period. What method of washing are you using? If you are still 'pooing, but only once a week or so, the greasiness will never go away. If your doing a BS & ACV method, it will take about a month before you transition completely.

The BS, ACV, method. Should I do it 2 times a week untill  I notice it doesn't get oily anymore and what do you do about Staticy hair, my hair is wicked staticy I look like a wiild woman!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM
You don't wash your hair or your child's hair? Why? Doesn't it smell, along with looking oily?I wash mine everyday, I hate when my hair is dirty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I would step it up a bit until your hair gets used to it. For static, I use a homemade pomade. If you go that route, you will have to do the BS rinse a tad more often to remove it from your hair.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

The BS, ACV, method. Should I do it 2 times a week untill  I notice it doesn't get oily anymore and what do you do about Staticy hair, my hair is wicked staticy I look like a wiild woman!

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I spray mine with rosewater/glycerin combo for the static. It seems to be working pretty well. Idk if that's a no no or not though. lol And I haven't decided if I'm going totally poo free or not. We'll see how it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)