Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Often Do Your Kids Volunteer to do Chores??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My dd just offered to wash the dishes....

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Everysingle time I clean ANYTHING. I could be scrubbing the toilet and my 5 year old runs in./..."momma can I help." sure you want to scrub a toilet lol.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
LMAO I just learned laughed!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Never

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM

lol.....i bet she won't be doing that in a few years

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Everysingle time I clean ANYTHING. I could be scrubbing the toilet and my 5 year old runs in./..."momma can I help." sure you want to scrub a toilet lol.

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM
My 9yo does all the time. My 8yo never does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Unfortunately lol... IDK though I always liked cleaning the bathroom. I didn't want someone seeing a dirty bathroom even at like 5... My mom gave me full reign to clean it whenever I wanted. I did everyday just because... Maybe she will be like that too and have a very clean house like she has now lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol.....i bet she won't be doing that in a few years

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM

All the time. They are weird. We have a basket where any of the toys that get left out go. In order to get their toy back out they have to pull a slip out of an envelope and do a chore. One chore = one toy. ANYWAY.. We don't even have the basket anymore and they still ask multiple times a day to do a chore.

ksueditz
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM
My dd3 does every time I clean. My dd7 asked me if they could start doing chores. My dd8 offers to mop or vacuum. My ds14 offers to help bake. My ds16, NEVER offers. :))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
DD is 5 and does a few times a week. She will sweep, swiffer, do dishes, dust, etc without me asking :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
My 3 year old son asks to help me clean or help do the dishes almost every day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)