Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because you breast feed

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 259 Replies
14 moms liked this
Does not make you a better mom! I'm tired of seeing the bashing of mothers that choose to do different. I don't agree with bf a toddler that can eat standing and ask for it, I will only nurse for a yr, and all my kids have had solids before a yr. I am a great mother and my kids are healthy and awesome.

Ok I'm done :)

*** I'm not bashing, for all of you that are not able read, I'm simply stating my opinion. That does not make me ignorant, nor does it mean I am bashing ebf. I don't agree, just like some will not agree with this post. ***
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM
12 moms liked this
Extended nursing has lots of benefits as well. I nursed my first for 18 months. Still nursing my 14 month old too.

I don't think anyone is a bad parent for ff. a lot of people are ignorant about the benefits though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
8 moms liked this
I agree that breastfeeding does not confer super mommy status.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
6 moms liked this

That's all some women have to feel good about themselves as mothers. It's really sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting 504bbymami:

Extended nursing has lots of benefits as well. I nursed my first for 18 months. Still nursing my 14 month old too.

I don't think anyone is a bad parent for ff. a lot of people are ignorant about the benefits though.

You prove OP's point. Just because you BF doesn't make you a good mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
14 moms liked this
Hmm...not sure if this post is gonna get hijacked by bf nazis or 504 bashers...
ramita
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this
I really don't like moms that do that because they jump all over you for not breastfeeding and then when you give them a valid reason hey start backing off and act like that's the only reason you shouldn't...I usually just role my eyes and move on...
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm a fantastic mother :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 504bbymami:

You prove OP's point. Just because you BF doesn't make you a good mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Agreed!!!

Can't stand those who say they are better mothers. I couldn't BF, so I guess I'm inferior for something I had no choice in?

ETA- however if a mom wants to EBF, I really don't care. It doesn't bug me nor do I think it's gross or anything.
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting 504bbymami:

Doesn't extended nursing have the same benefits as nursing for a year?  Does your milk change to super milk specially formulated for toddlers?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't take me seriously. Do your own research.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)