Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if u cant afford ur wedding...*eedit*

Don't have one! Quiet asking people to" donate" money for ur wedding! U wanna get married so bad but cant afford it?? Why even have a party. Just go down to the court house and pay for the license.

U don't need a big fancy wedding party to be married!

*as a matter of fact if u cant afford ur wedding then u certainly cant afford ur honeymoon! Don't ask people to pay for that too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (71-78):
MrsFlores_2006
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Wtf? And people actually paid?

Quoting wildcat423:

I work a seasonal part time job on a riverboat. We have weddings and receptions on board all the time. Last summer, we literally had one couple that had a "registration" table as you walked into the venue and they were charging their "guests" $30 each to attend their wedding and reception. I was shocked!

rjmac88
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM
People do that?!? Yuck
MrsFlores_2006
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
That really irriates me to when they cant even say thank u!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I so agree!   I have received invitations asking for cash contributions in lieu of gifts.   I find it offensive.    I also have not received Thank You cards from the last two weddings I was invited to attend.  I purchased  gifts from the couples' registries,  carefully enclosed a nice card with a gift receipt for the gift inside the wrapping, then attached another small card to the ribbons adorning the wrapping... and never received acknowledgement that the gift was received or appreciated.

I find it incredibly rude.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no im not going i already turned them down. I though it was druid to ask for donations.

Quoting Trisha234:

That's disturbing. Hope you declined invites to both if these weddings. And DID NOT send a gift.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

I know a friend who is asking people throughfb to donate money for the wedding, i had another one a couple months ago ask for money instead of gifts to pay for her honeymoon.

Quoting Raeann11:

alrighty then, never seen anyone ask for donations for a wedding.  But wouldn't suprise me if someone did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I agree

wildcat423
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Yes. Maybe they had included it on the invitations or something or maybe people figured that they were already there, dressed up, and on the boat so they might as well stay. They had a pretty full gift table too...

Oh, and they had a cash bar so people spent their own money if they wanted to drink too.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

Wtf? And people actually paid?

Quoting wildcat423:

I work a seasonal part time job on a riverboat. We have weddings and receptions on board all the time. Last summer, we literally had one couple that had a "registration" table as you walked into the venue and they were charging their "guests" $30 each to attend their wedding and reception. I was shocked!

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I don't give a fuck what ppl do or how they go about it it's none of my business shrugs*

areles
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
if you can't be bothered to spell words out, don't post on the internet. it makes you look like a fucking moron.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)