Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate to be the one to tell you, but...*update* Update #2

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 473 Replies
2 moms liked this

Tell me how you'd handle this situation. My girls came home from their last sleepover at our neighbors' (during winter break) with the lovely gift of scabies and have not had a sleepover there since. Until last night.  My 11 year old came home at 1:00 a.m. because she woke up and saw a bug in the bed and couldn't get back to sleep. Sam (8) stayed the whole night and is now covered in welts from bug bites. She reacts to bug bites with cellulitis, which explains the welts, but they look truly terrible and painful.

I don't know how I want to address this. I know what I'd LIKE to say, but that would create a feud between our houses worse than the Montagues and the Capulets.

So how would you start this ball rolling? Something's got to be done about their incredible infestations of various biting nasties.

I suppose I should update you all (and make one clarification).  Just a few days after the girls spent the night at their house in December, these little bites showed up on them.  They hadn't been anywhere else but the neighbor's house, so we kind of figured out that since two of the neighbor girls had the same kind of track-like bite patterns on their arms, that's where they got it. 

This time, the bites are different.  I'm hoping and praying that they were not bedbugs, and that if they were we don't have any in our home now. 

I sent neighbor mom of The Roach Motel a message letting her know what happened and asked her if I should be worried that it might be bedbugs.  She sent a note back that said, "The bed they slept in I got from my sister, so I'll check it out."  

*pfft*  We'll see.  For their sake, I hope they get it fixed.  As for my girls?  They won't be going over there and theirs won't be allowed in here. 

New Update: 

We just had an exterminator come today and found out YES, we do have them.  The treatment they provide is guaranteed, but it costs $2200. 

The plus side of this method is that we won't have to get rid of our mattresses or bedding or anything, which would make this inconvenience of ickiness even more expensive.   

The children will no longer be allowed to play with the neighbors.  Fuck this shit. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM
117 moms liked this
Stop letting them sleep over there...
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM
5 moms liked this

oh chit meow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
7 moms liked this
Are these just like school friends they are visiting? I would say no more sleepovers, and I'd tell the parents. If they can't handle hearing that they have bugs in the house then they need to fix the problem.
AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
10 moms liked this
It was the same house as the scabies? I would just flat out say that my child came home with bug bites.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
20 moms liked this

I'm a blunt person so I would just throw it out there. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
7 moms liked this

There is no easy way to say ...."You have bugs in your house and beds", lol  BUT  I am sure they already know it...I mean seriously the bugs didn't just pop up the night your DD's were there...kwim

Just bite the bullet and tell them what happened and hopefully they will get the house fumigated/exterminated

im_not_trollin
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Take her over there and show them and just explain to tem that she will not longer be staying over there. I have to wonder though, if maybe its more anallergic reaction than bites, I mean, do their children have bites all over?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM
8 moms liked this

I wouldn't let them sleep over anymore. Their safety and health is more important then the other families feelings.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh damn...they need to know they have a problem

model1000mom
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah no more sleep overs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)