Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I see your bathroom? *update with a pic of my bathroom and some Q's*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to decorate our bathroom. It's completely bland now. Half the walls are white, the other half are wood paneling. Kind of like this [pic found on google] except the wood is still brown and the wall part is white. 

I have no idea what kind of style I want to go on in there. I need some inspiration! We don't have a ton of space to work with. I just want ideas for a rug, shower curtain, the soap dispensers, tooth brush holders, and a trash can. 

If you don't want to post a pic then can you suggest me some ideas?

Hey all! Thanks for all the great replies. I've been looking through a lot of them. I took a pic of my bathroom. In all of it hideous glory. Don't bash lol I do have a question though! Do you think these sinks{pictured below] would work in there or would they be too big? 

*Also, don't mind all the junk, I was cleaning and we save old toilet paper rolls for crafts so that's why they aren't in the trash*

Style Selections 20-in Matte White Euro Style Bathroom Vanity with Top

LILLĂ…NGEN Sink cabinet with 1 door IKEA

Now that you've seen the ugly space, maybe you can give me suggestions? I'm up for painting it and maybe in the long and distant future we can redo the floor. Maybe if you offer some cheap solutions we can do it sooner :)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (51-60):
RobJar
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Decorated very nicely. But the bathtub loos so small. I thought it was a sink at first. Very prett tho.

Quoting Miss-B:

We have a separate shower, too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Kids bathroom ;)
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:58 AM

My jacuzzi tub ;) I think It was what made the decision to buy the house !! Lol
horseap
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I like bright bathrooms(JMHO)  Paint the wood white and the top a light blue or purple.  It will still go with the tile but brighten things up.  If you did go with purple you could get sage green things to go with it along with the purple.  If you did a light blue you could do sea glass colors.  But thats just me though.  Right now Im stuck with red and cream.  The tiles around the jacuzzi are red and DH doesnt want to rip them out.  =( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:25 AM
5 moms liked this

Don't be jealous

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Add some pictures to the wall maybe some accent towels and some cute wall trim or wall paper around the roof?

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Bathroom one - Celestial (much more than you can see)

Bathroom two - sage green and French toile

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM
2 moms liked this

You could do something like this:

Or this:

SwtSnowflake2
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
If I was you, I'd paint the wood white, paint the white in a nice blue like ocean colors. I would decorate with beach theme.
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Wow I love your bathrooms ours is smaller but my washer and dryer are in there. We have it decorated with a nautical theme.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)