Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New/Expecting Mothers Parking...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 49 Replies

... is the stupidest thing ever. Even when I was preggers I never considered parking there. Pregnancy is not a "condition" or a disease, and it certainly isn't an illness or handicap.

New Mothers? Totally get it. Although I didn't use the specially marked parking spots, I can see a new mother finding a need.

A FB friend is ranting all about how the spot was taken by someone with 6 kids all appearing to be older than 3. lol! Ummmm... I think the mom with 6 kids needs the spot more than a pregnant woman. lol!

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
6 moms liked this
Glad your pregnancy was a breeze. You are aware though that some pregnancies are high risk? You are aware that some pregnant women are put on extensive bed rest, so maybe running to the store because they had no choice, would be a lot easier not to walk from the back of the lot in 95 degree weather and risking the health of mother and baby? Some women develop pregnancy related CHF,asthma, or other problems that cause them get extremely short of breath easily.

Pregnancy isn't a disease, but it's a condition that in some women create life threatening complications.

Both you AND your friend are idiots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
When I was heavily pregnant, I couldn't walk very far without my back wanting to fall apart. Going to the store sucked. Once I popped the kid out, I didn't need to park there anymore.

Here, you actually need a permit to use the stork parking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

tennisgal
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

lol! I started parking there as soon as I found out I was pregnant (babies r us is the only place in town with that sort of parking and there are like 15 spots marked). 

Nicole.Brown
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Quoting armywifey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I only used it when I was VERY pregnant and was dragging a toddler and young child around with me.
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM

It makes it super easier instead of walking forever especially when walking hurts constantly. 

tennisgal
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

the extra 20ft of walking is what is going to risk the life of mom and baby?? really? I can't think of a single thing i need from the store that is worth going for if i have been put on extensive bedrest when walking an extra 20ft will risk my life and baby's. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad your pregnancy was a breeze. You are aware though that some pregnancies are high risk? You are aware that some pregnant women are put on extensive bed rest, so maybe running to the store because they had no choice, would be a lot easier not to walk from the back of the lot in 95 degree weather and risking the health of mother and baby?

Pregnancy isn't a disease, but it's a condition that in some women create life threatening complications.

Both you AND your friend are idiots

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm almost six months pregnant and I see no reason to walk a mile in the freezing cold when they make spots for me. I'm using it.

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM

In montana, you dont need a permit to park there..

Quoting HistoryNutty:

When I was heavily pregnant, I couldn't walk very far without my back wanting to fall apart. Going to the store sucked. Once I popped the kid out, I didn't need to park there anymore.

Here, you actually need a permit to use the stork parking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)