Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion *Christian* God needed them MORE

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 130 Replies
6 moms liked this

God is glorious right? God has EVERYTHING. God has eternal life, angels and more.

Why do christians insist on aggitating and insulting people during a grieving period or even after making stupid comments like "GOD NEEDED THEM MORE?"

I don't agree with it, and I find it insulting. I believe in God, I believe God has plans for us, but I also believe that unfortunate things happen to us because of free will. Death is one of the many things that happen.

I would rather hear that God is looking after our loved ones, or God is caring for them or God is loving them but I sure the hell wouldn't want to hear, GOD NEEDED THEM MORE. Makes God sound selfish.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Default answer.  Everything must have an answer.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

lol

Do not say default, it reminds me of the homework I have due in Visual Basics *barfs up hairball*

Quoting catrig:

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Oh lord. Just cause you dont like that answer doesnt mean it isnt true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

God gave cats 9 lives so they would not get to him for awhile.

banana-bear
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I have no clue why SOME Christians say that. I, personally, do not believe that when we die we immediately go to heaven or hell. I believe we are in a state of rest until judgement day. So actually, I have never said that "God needed them more" - I just don't believe that to be true.

AjsMom0508
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
When my brother died at 18 we all joked that God must have needed a pitcher for spring training. Only he knows the plans he's made for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Everyone has a purpose in life. They fulfilled their purpose so they were needed back at home. Is that better?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this

maybe its NOT TRUE. Christians are always spouting stupid shit thinking its all Gods Love when it sounds freaking trashy and hateful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh lord. Just cause you dont like that answer doesnt mean it isnt true.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Standard response for times of great horribleness.

Quoting thetrollcat:

lol

Do not say default, it reminds me of the homework I have due in Visual Basics *barfs up hairball*

Quoting catrig:

Aleta775
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure that when people say that, they don't intend to be offensive or make God look selfish. I think that people want to create a purpose for the loss. For some creating a purpose, "God needed them", makes the loss a bit easier to take. I'm not saying that is true for everyone, but it is a possible reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured