Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion *Christian* God needed them MORE

Posted by   + Show Post

God is glorious right? God has EVERYTHING. God has eternal life, angels and more.

Why do christians insist on aggitating and insulting people during a grieving period or even after making stupid comments like "GOD NEEDED THEM MORE?"

I don't agree with it, and I find it insulting. I believe in God, I believe God has plans for us, but I also believe that unfortunate things happen to us because of free will. Death is one of the many things that happen.

I would rather hear that God is looking after our loved ones, or God is caring for them or God is loving them but I sure the hell wouldn't want to hear, GOD NEEDED THEM MORE. Makes God sound selfish.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

God has a special place for felines, he told me.

Quoting Anonymous:

God gave cats 9 lives so they would not get to him for awhile.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

that is my thought. If there is still judgement day we do not go directly to heaven what is he using them for????? What exactly is needed so badly????

Quoting banana-bear:

I have no clue why SOME Christians say that. I, personally, do not believe that when we die we immediately go to heaven or hell. I believe we are in a state of rest until judgement day. So actually, I have never said that "God needed them more" - I just don't believe that to be true.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm Christian, and I think the line is stupid, too. People say such tactless things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Derpy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I agree with you 100%

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

inside family jokes is not the same thing meow

Quoting AjsMom0508:

When my brother died at 18 we all joked that God must have needed a pitcher for spring training. Only he knows the plans he's made for us.

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I agree with all of that.  Some religious people say the most stupid stuff.  Sometimes I wonder if people who say stuff like that have ever truly suffered.

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM

We always say so and so is with God now. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

fine with me better than saying well GOD needed them more. Are old people not needed and so they die old and babies ripped because he does what with them? It has no logic

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone has a purpose in life. They fulfilled their purpose so they were needed back at home. Is that better?

I_need_a_name
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I believe in this too. But like another said...I do believe we're here for a reason. And once we've fulfilled our purpose... then its just our time to go.

Quoting banana-bear:

I have no clue why SOME Christians say that. I, personally, do not believe that when we die we immediately go to heaven or hell. I believe we are in a state of rest until judgement day. So actually, I have never said that "God needed them more" - I just don't believe that to be true.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

thats fine I think people like to hear their loved ones are in a better place or with God (that should be loving) not needy, greedy, or spiteful

Quoting wulfeyes05:

We always say so and so is with God now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured