Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had hyperemesis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
For those of you who have had this, did you have it for every pregnancy? Was it more managable each time?
I had a severe case of this with both my sons so far. We want to add another baby to our family , but this has really been holding me back and I'm terrified of going through 9 months of hell again. Guess Im hoping to hear theres a chance my next pregnancy will be different.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Is that the constant puking thing? If so then yes i did. I am on raperperazonal (sp? Also called periot) and still puke up most of what i eat. But has not been diagnosed as hypermesis, its just how my pregnancies are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I only had it with one of my pregnancies, my first one.... it sure did scare me though about the next few. My second pregnancy I never even puked and my third it didn't last past the third month. 

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM

It was fucking horrible. I had it with a pregnancy and my doc gave me two kinds of anti-nausea drugs to help me make it.  Always do the 7up and soda crackers... Then do the brat diet ( bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) I didnt get it with the other pregnancies.  Only had it once.. turns out my body and that pregnancy were not compatible.. I was mentally unstable so i aborted that one.. It was the only one that i got that sick from

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Yes it is, constant vomiting and intense nausea that lasts the whole time. Did knowing this cut you back from having as many kids as you originally wanted? Did it get easier with each one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Were you taking any medication like zofran to help treat it? Did you notice it was worse with a certain gender?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM
It really is horrible, like the flu, but i think its worse and lasts forever :(
How long did yours last with that pregnancy?
RoseFlame
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:36 AM

my mom did with my bro but barely any morning sickness with me.

AnnRmommaof3
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM

My oldest I had hyperemesis. Did not have it with #2, #3, or this pregnancy which is with twins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM
I had it my first pregnancy, from months 2-9. I think I am pregnant again, but have only been sick 1 day. We'll see how the next 8 months progress after this month goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I had it with my son. The pills didn't help. I took it one day at a time. I never had it with my girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)