Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone...anyone!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
Anyone awake? It's 2AM here and I had an emergency dentist visit this morning because last night/early morning I woke up hysterically crying because I was in SO much pain.
Long story short - about 4 years ago right before my second child was born, my first molar on my top right broke in half. Ironically, 2 months before my first child was born, my first molar in the top left broke in half. I needed a root canal and had a traumatizing experience. So, when it happened again, I just said I'd deal with it.
Well, now I have a massive infection that is all the way down into the nerve endings. The nerve ending is completely exposed and if I would have waited any longer, I could have died from the infection leading to my brain. The right side of my face is swollen, my eye is puffy, my ear is ringing and my right nostril is completely stuffy....
I need to have it extracted on Monday. There's no saving the tooth. I'm PETRIFIED! :( the only reason I went in is because my boyfriend literally made me. I woke him up crying and he felt so bad.
So, I'm up right now. They couldn't do anything today other than giving me extra strength Vicodin and an extremely strong dose of antibiotics...the dental hygienist was SO SWEET. I couldn't stop rocking back and forth because the pain was so unbearable so he snuck a small bottle of numbing cream in my purse to just take the edge off...
Anyway, yeah, this is long...but anyone wanna chat? Talk about anything at all. I haven't been able to sleep in almost three days because of the pain..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I'm sorry hun :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hazel1922
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Aww i hope you feel better love
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you we're hurting so bad! I just had a tooth pulled Wednesday and I too had an infection in my mouth. I think about how that infection could've killed me at 35 and it scares me so much. I'm on Antibiotics now but I have another set of dental work to come to fix the rest of my teeth. I'm not looking forward to it.
britadams10
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM

ahh i hate the dentist 

tabid74
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Oh wow, so sorry!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It sucks so much :( I don't remember the last time I even went to the dentist for a cleaning. I am literally terrified of dentists and anything to do with them. The dentist said they wouldn't put me under. I could pay for it (for a lovely 900 more), but I can't afford that...I know it won't "hurt", but the tugging and pulling and noises and stuff really creeps me out. I started crying when she told me. I feel like such a baby...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM

OUCH. Feel better.

wineisfine
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I'm drunk and eating cheezits

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
So sorry! Tooth pain is the WORST!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I've had an eating disorder for a very, very long time. That, coupled with having two children REALLY screwed with my teeth.

Since my tooth has been broken I've had more heart palpitations, have been in the hospital 4x for GI issues, my fibromyalgia has been SO much worse.

I just keep trying to tell myself maybe those issues will be better if this is fixed and even though I'm scared as hell to do it, I'll feel better in the long run....

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry to hear you we're hurting so bad! I just had a tooth pulled Wednesday and I too had an infection in my mouth. I think about how that infection could've killed me at 35 and it scares me so much. I'm on Antibiotics now but I have another set of dental work to come to fix the rest of my teeth. I'm not looking forward to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)