Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ungrateful kids

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friends daughter´s birthday was last week. I asked them what she would like, and I got her exactly what her mother told me the girl has been wanting for a while. Okay. So far so good. Her birthday comes around, she opens the present (not even all the way,) sees what it is, and starts throwing a fit!! She threw the present against the wall multiple times, yelling "THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED! I HATE IT!" Needless to say, I was speechless since I got her what her mom had told me. Her father tried to get her to look at it telling her that this is what she has been asking for but the kid (she is 4) would not stop the hissy fit. 

The mom was not there, she had to work but she called me in the evening saying that I should "just return the present and get her something else." Uhm, no. The next day she calls me to tell me that her daughter has changed her mind and she wanted the present now. Not happening either. She proceeded to tell me that her daughter expected MORE for a present but she will settle for what I had gotten her. Are you freaking kidding me?! 

Have you ever experienced something like this either with your own children or kids of friends or family? Did you give in or did you just say "screw it," packed it up and took it home or returned it to the store?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Bump

heavenV
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Wow. Heres a bump. That kid is ungrateful much. Theres no way I will let my dd act like that though. Her presents will be gone like yesterday if she evr do something like that.

But what did you do? Did you take the present home with you and return it? Or? If I were you, I would just keep calm, return it, get my money back, and carry on... Lol forget that little spoiled brat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I have never dealt with that but if I did I would have picked the present up and taken it with me and returned it. That is just rediculous also the parents are crazy to ask you to go get something else for their spoiled brat of a child.

gigis1
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM
What a brat :/I've seen crap like that happen but say ugh whatever, u deal with it ( to the parents)
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I would have returned the present and left the party. I also am a bitch, but I would have let that mom know that my child would not be seeing the friend until she got a better attitude.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM

blank stare

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM
3 moms liked this

*after I finish blank staring*

Who the hell lets their kid act that way?

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

If that is how the parents handled the situation, then I can't say I am surprised that the kid is an ungrateful brat.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Exactly, I would have taken it away from my child, too. 

I wanted to return it to the store but I decided to let my daughter have it instead. She loved it. 

I am not upset about it anymore. It is not my child acting this way, and I know why she is acting like that. Her mother is about to be deployed, and since she found out about it, she spoils the shit out of her daughter. Don´t get me wrong, they are raising their kids completely different then me but it has never really been an issue until last week.

Quoting heavenV:

Wow. Heres a bump. That kid is ungrateful much. Theres no way I will let my dd act like that though. Her presents will be gone like yesterday if she evr do something like that.

But what did you do? Did you take the present home with you and return it? Or? If I were you, I would just keep calm, return it, get my money back, and carry on... Lol forget that little spoiled brat.

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids shouldnt act like that. I would of taken the present back.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured