Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My period comes every 26-28 days and lasts 5 days. But, I bled red blood for four days and now have been having dark blood...like almost black for 3 days. Making my period last 7 days so far. I felt great on day 5 and thought my period was leaving. But once this dark blood started my back started to ache really bad and I have cramps all over again : / tommorow will be day 8 if it continues. Is this normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gigis1
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Woah, not sound normal
Bump though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Idk I've never had black blood! If it continues, see a dr! GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
It's not black but almost : ( I'm worried. My left ovary.was hurting bad last nite too.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

Idk I've never had black blood! If it continues, see a dr! GL

imultracool
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Sounds like your system is cleaning itself out. Black or brown blood is normally just old blood. But if you're worried, call your Dr.
want10more
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM

is it possible you could have been pregnant? i've had several miscarriages, which started out red and ended up dark and clumpy. and of course, cramping. go to your dr or at least call in. and drink lots of water, and eat high-iron foods... every month i bleed heavily, and i always get anemic. sigh. it could be nothing, but if it's not normal for you, then it's not normal.

rayroe2
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
I would get it checked
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:59 AM
It's possible a clot couldn't make it through the cervical opening and it slowly draining. That's what happens with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
No, I'm not. Last time I had sex was in December when hubby was home on leave. I have had every period since then.

Quoting want10more:

is it possible you could have been pregnant? i've had several miscarriages, which started out red and ended up dark and clumpy. and of course, cramping. go to your dr or at least call in. and drink lots of water, and eat high-iron foods... every month i bleed heavily, and i always get anemic. sigh. it could be nothing, but if it's not normal for you, then it's not normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM
That makes sense. I just read on google it can be from an enlarged uterus that never shrank completely down from pregnancy...

Quoting Anonymous:

It's possible a clot couldn't make it through the cervical opening and it slowly draining. That's what happens with me.

RobJar
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Happens to me every few months. It's your body's way of clearing all the old blood out. I totally freaked the first time it happend to me..went to the ER convinced I was dying. (I was single and childless then).

If your concerned I'd make an appt. but don't run to the ER like I did. They will just look at you funny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured