Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont understand it.. why would you just leave your kid??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I watch kids in my home. I have been watching kids in my home for about a year. But have watched kids since I was 13. I'm 25 now...... Anyway I have 5 kids in my care. Out of 5 only one has ask me for a reference... Only 1!!!! And noone has ask for a back ground check. Or any thing!!! That's just crazy.. I have a add on craigslist for childcare. Last night I got a call and they immediately hired me. They just dropped her off without even doing a interview! And paid a week in advance!! Smh
I am not licensed. It states that I am not in my ad!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I have no words. Irresponsible and careless isn't even the words to describe them.

Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Wow. People are crazy. They got lucky.
Jcothrine
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM

that is crazy.. you could be anyone posting on Craig's list! they don't know what your home looks like

from an ad..if it is clean or dirty..childproofed or not..or anything.. i can't believe a parent would

just sight-unseen hire you like that!

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Yea I know... I just want to shake them and say don't you know what could happen to your kid...

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I have no words. Irresponsible and careless isn't even the words to describe them.

hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM
People are too trustworthy. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM
The new little girls parents are the only ones that have hired me without seeing my home. All the others have came here first..

Quoting Jcothrine:

that is crazy.. you could be anyone posting on Craig's list! they don't know what your home looks like

from an ad..if it is clean or dirty..childproofed or not..or anything.. i can't believe a parent would

just sight-unseen hire you like that!

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM
All they need is your name and address to run a background check.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I got you beat lol I have eight kids people used to see them playing in the yard and ask if we were a day care. One ladty stopped and knocked on my door and asked if we were a day care I said no they were just my kids then she asks if I wouls watch her kids three days a week. I don't know her she just asked a random stranger to babysit her kid. I said no but who does that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I just can't believe people are so trusting..my kid is my world. I only trust my mom and grandma with him.

Quoting Mrs.H15:

Wow. People are crazy. They got lucky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
No they did not have my name!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe they already did run an online check before meeting you and you just don't know it. They obviously knew enough about you to know your name and where you live, so it would be an easy Google search after that. They wouldn't have to meet you in person to check on you (or anyone else nowadays really).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)