Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont understand it.. why would you just leave your kid??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I watch kids in my home. I have been watching kids in my home for about a year. But have watched kids since I was 13. I'm 25 now...... Anyway I have 5 kids in my care. Out of 5 only one has ask me for a reference... Only 1!!!! And noone has ask for a back ground check. Or any thing!!! That's just crazy.. I have a add on craigslist for childcare. Last night I got a call and they immediately hired me. They just dropped her off without even doing a interview! And paid a week in advance!! Smh
I am not licensed. It states that I am not in my ad!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
LadyF86
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I think 2 and 3 are kind of ok but the rest is just nuts

Quoting Anonymous:

I met some CRAZY ass sitters when I was searching before I worked from home. I always did interviews. Here are some of the things I found out even after interviews, once my children were in their care:

1) Time out in the closet. My children didn't get the time out there, but another child did. 

2) I couldn't be late. Not even five minutes because ALL the daycare kids HAD to be OUT of her home BEFORE her husband came home from work, which made my kids seem like an inconvenience for her because I didnt' get off work until 6pm.

3) Mandatory naptimes. Even if they didn't nap she actively tried to MAKE them nap. 

4) Overcrowded. She kept brining more and more babies into her care.

5) Boyfriend was a drug dealer/addict and he was considering moving in with her. 

6) She went into labor and as opposed to just calling me to tell me, she had her relatives watch my kids for the entire day. She also asked if it was ok that they watch my kids for the next week!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Lol wth... As a sitter I expect to be asked for references and am like wth when they don't ask for them!!

Quoting LadyF86:

We interviewed first. I also had my mom do background checks. I found them on the state website and assured they were licensed and so were their homes. I also asked for references. The first girl was like.... ya I could totally give u references but I don't know why people ask for them. Obviously I'm going to give I someone that will give me a good reference. ..... ya we didn't hire her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anyone elese think that's nuts?? They did not even come out and meet me.. the dad dropped her off. The mom will pi,k her up

LadyF86
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Ya she was kind of a special case. Lol. The lady we chose was awesome. She had a welcome pamphlet and handbook and references. She was very professional.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol wth... As a sitter I expect to be asked for references and am like wth when they don't ask for them!!

Quoting LadyF86:

We interviewed first. I also had my mom do background checks. I found them on the state website and assured they were licensed and so were their homes. I also asked for references. The first girl was like.... ya I could totally give u references but I don't know why people ask for them. Obviously I'm going to give I someone that will give me a good reference. ..... ya we didn't hire her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anyone elese think that's nuts?? They did not even come out and meet me.. the dad dropped her off. The mom will pi,k her up

Dreamly
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Wow. Some ppl are desperate to find care but I think child care is one thing that you take your time on. I'm sure you're a good provider if you have 5 kids and no complaints, but they wouldn't know that.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Thats nuts! We did our own background check of our sitter and her husband. She let us visit with her before we left dd all day and let us leave dd for a couple hours a day prior as well.
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Its disgusting, no offense.

I just posted this in another thread.

Our children are supposed to be the most precious thing in our lives, every from birth to death, most peoples greatest loves and accomplishments are often said to be their children.

I know I feel that way.

Yet the last two days i've seen women on here crying for discounted cheap child care, and this - they don't even CARE who they leave their kid with so long as you take them.

what is WRONG with people. its the ONE PLACE you don't cheap out on.

Put down the smokes, put down the cable put down the damn cell phone.. and pay for a GOOD DECENT SITTER

clippingmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM

when I took care of kids out of my home I learned not to take them if they did not want to met me. Those are the ones that are the most trouble. Yikes the call that always bothered me were the ones "I have a 2 week old and need to go back to work" ummmm no

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
This is how I feel!!!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Its disgusting, no offense.

I just posted this in another thread.

Our children are supposed to be the most precious thing in our lives, every from birth to death, most peoples greatest loves and accomplishments are often said to be their children.

I know I feel that way.

Yet the last two days i've seen women on here crying for discounted cheap child care, and this - they don't even CARE who they leave their kid with so long as you take them.

what is WRONG with people. its the ONE PLACE you don't cheap out on.

Put down the smokes, put down the cable put down the damn cell phone.. and pay for a GOOD DECENT SITTER

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
All the other parents visited first. That's the normal.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Thats nuts! We did our own background check of our sitter and her husband. She let us visit with her before we left dd all day and let us leave dd for a couple hours a day prior as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
No one has ever had my kid overnight. I have only had one person that watched my child that I wasn't related to. She came with a glowing reference from a trusted friend and she only would watch him for a couple hours between when my shift started and Dh's ended.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom and grandma is the only ones who have ever had my kid overnight and my fil for a few hours!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. The one person I had watch my son that I didn't personally know for years came highly recomended by a good friend of mine. We also sat down and did and interview with her way in advance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured