Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont understand it.. why would you just leave your kid??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I watch kids in my home. I have been watching kids in my home for about a year. But have watched kids since I was 13. I'm 25 now...... Anyway I have 5 kids in my care. Out of 5 only one has ask me for a reference... Only 1!!!! And noone has ask for a back ground check. Or any thing!!! That's just crazy.. I have a add on craigslist for childcare. Last night I got a call and they immediately hired me. They just dropped her off without even doing a interview! And paid a week in advance!! Smh
I am not licensed. It states that I am not in my ad!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
:-(

Quoting Dreamly:

Wow. Some ppl are desperate to find care but I think child care is one thing that you take your time on. I'm sure you're a good provider if you have 5 kids and no complaints, but they wouldn't know that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
That's crazy and sad, especially hiring you without even meeting you or seeing the place. My dd is 2 and she attends a special needs program, I went there talked with several different people, viewed everything I could find and even talked with other parents before deciding. When she turns 3, there will be more options of schooling since she will be eligible through the school system. So I have been making phone calls and setting up tours and interviews. It's 6 months before her birthday but I just want to know what all is out there and give us plenty of time to make a decision. I couldn't just drop her off without checking it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Only my mom and grandma and fil have had my kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

No one has ever had my kid overnight. I have only had one person that watched my child that I wasn't related to. She came with a glowing reference from a trusted friend and she only would watch him for a couple hours between when my shift started and Dh's ended.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom and grandma is the only ones who have ever had my kid overnight and my fil for a few hours!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. The one person I had watch my son that I didn't personally know for years came highly recomended by a good friend of mine. We also sat down and did and interview with her way in advance.

Mcelly
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Maybe you have reviews on CL about yout ad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM
That's how it should be done.. good job mom. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's crazy and sad, especially hiring you without even meeting you or seeing the place. My dd is 2 and she attends a special needs program, I went there talked with several different people, viewed everything I could find and even talked with other parents before deciding. When she turns 3, there will be more options of schooling since she will be eligible through the school system. So I have been making phone calls and setting up tours and interviews. It's 6 months before her birthday but I just want to know what all is out there and give us plenty of time to make a decision. I couldn't just drop her off without checking it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Nope...

Quoting Mcelly:

Maybe you have reviews on CL about yout ad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Bump
lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Idk maybe they trust you and see u watch other children and use that as a reference....some people just go with gut feeling...that's the only thing I can come up with....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I guess....

Quoting lesliemck86:

Idk maybe they trust you and see u watch other children and use that as a reference....some people just go with gut feeling...that's the only thing I can come up with....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to do Childcare, for me that is a major red flag about the family, you Will most likely have the child after your normal hours because they are " too busy" to come and get her and will probably not pay you on time, typically parents that don't care that much are typically very irresponsible in other areas as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN