Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know how to help my daughter*touchy subject *

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
My DD was adopted when she was 12 before Dh and I took her in she was sexual abused by her Bio mom's bf he would also sell her. It was found out after she had to be taken to the hospital because one of the men beat and raped her so bad she almost died. She is now an amazing loving 19 year old. My problem is she still has a hard time in her life with this I know this will be life long but I worry that she will end up in jail I worry she might hurt a child. I recently found letters her and her bf had been writing to each other they are very graphic and are full details of things that happened to her and him. He was also sexual abused as a child. I don't think it's healthy for them to be together because I think they get a thrill off of each others abuse. I know she is an adult and can do what she wants but I want to help them I'm just not sure how.

Has anyone ever had to deal with something like this does anyone have any advice. Please I really feel at a loss to not mention it or to ask her about going to therapy again.

I say they get off on each other abuse because the letters say how they want to recreate these things. How they wish they could relive the feelings
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I was severely abused as a child. I've never abused a child and some people get comfort in talking about the abuse. I am a little offended by this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
This. Op,wat make u think they r turned on?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was severely abused as a child. I've never abused a child and some people get comfort in talking about the abuse. I am a little offended by this.
annie6884
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think they get a thrill out of it. I think from personal experience that they are good for each other because he understands what she is going through better than you ever will!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I would look at it like your daughter has found someone who understands how she feels and can finally get some of the graphic stuff talked about with. It is hard to understand unless you have been through it. I was molested as a kid, and when healing, I was always worried someone would blame ME for what happened even tho I was a child at the time. I see this as your dd talking to someone knowing she will not be blamed or judged for any of it. This does not mean she will go on to abuse or that her relationship is unhealthy. I hope this helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Because in the letter they were saying how they would enjoy recreating these things with each other. I am not trying to offend anyone. I know it helps to talk about it just not the way they are
annie6884
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Has she had counceling?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because in the letter they were saying how they would enjoy recreating these things with each other. I am not trying to offend anyone. I know it helps to talk about it just not the way they are

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I think you are wrong. I think they are getting their feelings out and sharing a horrific time in their lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Have you spoken to her about this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM

she mite physically be an adult, but her behavior is that of a child....and she is still mentally unstable...all you can do is guide her at this point, and give her your opinion.   If she shows damaging behavior to herself, you can then addrees her problem with her then and encourage treatment, and possibly an  ultimatum to get professional help or move out. 

HipLikeJunk
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it's not uncommon for victims of rape and abuse to enjoy S&M or rape fantasy/role play. It's about feeling in control. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)