Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
question ladies, is a swab of vinegar in the cheek, just enough for the bad taste, when a child swears abuse?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (31-32):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I have an idea. Instead of using the vinegar the next time your DS curses you drop him off at your ex's house and tell him "You taught him this you deal with it! He's not allowed back with me until he stops doing it!" In other words make your ex own it. Just a thought.

Quoting colins_mom:

worked quite well for my son. he has only swore twice since I started this. I could tell him.till I was blue in the face that certain words were bad and he shouldn't use them etc but daddy uses them so it must be ok (and since I cant tell my ex what to do) used the vinegar once and words.his dad uses havent been heard since. he used one he heard at school, vinegar, never again

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Not abuse but probably not effective or necessary. 

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
yeah no.not gonna happen. he (his dad) thinks its funny. my ds hasnt swore in over a year so I guess the two.times I did.this were.enough huh

Quoting Anonymous:

I have an idea. Instead of using the vinegar the next time your DS curses you drop him off at your ex's house and tell him "You taught him this you deal with it! He's not allowed back with me until he stops doing it!" In other words make your ex own it. Just a thought.

Quoting colins_mom:

worked quite well for my son. he has only swore twice since I started this. I could tell him.till I was blue in the face that certain words were bad and he shouldn't use them etc but daddy uses them so it must be ok (and since I cant tell my ex what to do) used the vinegar once and words.his dad uses havent been heard since. he used one he heard at school, vinegar, never again

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Not abuse but probably not effective or necessary. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)