Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Child-led" anything is a crock of BS..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

YOU are the leader in your house, not the child....child led this, child led that...what a crock of shit

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM

that's a bit disgusting. It is the parents job, to start getting them ready. BUT for som children if you try at 2 they may not be ready but if you wait a few months and then try again they can get it!!! I know, that my daughter was potty trained, and then when Adam was born she just decided she wasn't doing it anymore. There was a few lectures, and that didn't work. So when she pooped her pants again, I made her clean herself up(yes, I helped) BUT then I made her throw her pants away....seemed to do the trick.

Quoting Anonymous:

but some parents don't even TRY  to teach their child....the kid is now four, and still saying, 'but i don't WANT to use the toilet, i like my diaper'...that is ridiculous

Quoting mamatocaleb:

I will give you one example where you are wrong. POTTY TRAINING. You can do everything in your power to make it happen, but if they are not ready it wont happen. Hence- Child-led potty training..

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this

That's not child led, that is just a parent allowing their child to be a spoiled brat.  Completely different. 

Quoting Anonymous:

it's one thing to consider their feelings...it's quite another to let the child TELL the parent when they are going to do something

Quoting NNB:

Exactly. Children have no feelings, destroy any sense of a sould you may sense.

Kids are people too! Shame a lot of people just see them as little things that need to be brought into line. spanked for this, ounished for that,

I'm not against discipline, but only when it is necessary, not for simple, stupid things that kids out grow!

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

The idea of someone actually considering their child's feelings must be horrible!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

yes, that happens a lot too...it's like, i don't care what you do, but if you do that, you'll  be punished...what kind of a mixed signal is that to the kid?

Quoting NNB:

And then it's quite the other for the parent to punish the child for such behaviour instead of talking to them like a person

Quoting Anonymous:

it's one thing to consider their feelings...it's quite another to let the child TELL the parent when they are going to do something

Quoting NNB:

Kids are people too! Shame a lot of people just see them as little things that need to be brought into line. spanked for this, ounished for that,

I'm not against discipline, but only when it is necessary, not for simple, stupid things that kids out grow!

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

The idea of someone actually considering their child's feelings must be horrible!

SunshineBird
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Oh, I see. Someone's got their monthly. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

well why don't you explain it then?  if you don't know what it is, you don't read much about child discipline, do you?

Quoting norwgnwood:

She doesn't know.

Quoting Neuro:

Can someone tell me what OP is talking about?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Unf, some parents see it as 'child-led' authority

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

That's not child led, that is just a parent allowing their child to be a spoiled brat.  Completely different. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NNB:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

you can't explain it either, huh?  

Quoting SunshineBird:

Oh, I see. Someone's got their monthly. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

well why don't you explain it then?  if you don't know what it is, you don't read much about child discipline, do you?

Quoting norwgnwood:

She doesn't know.

Quoting Neuro:

Can someone tell me what OP is talking about?

NNB
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Exactly, I think a lot of people don't really take the concept that these kids will grow up, and they do remember, Mixed signals helps no one and I bet, (because I don't have proof) that it allows for a much more unstable adult, all through childhood punished for this, but allowed to do that isn't consistent

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, that happens a lot too...it's like, i don't care what you do, but if you do that, you'll  be punished...what kind of a mixed signal is that to the kid?

Quoting NNB:

And then it's quite the other for the parent to punish the child for such behaviour instead of talking to them like a person

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NNB:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Omigosh and you made her clean up her own poop? Lmao yes, child led is so much better for them. I would never make my kid clean up feces.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

that's a bit disgusting. It is the parents job, to start getting them ready. BUT for som children if you try at 2 they may not be ready but if you wait a few months and then try again they can get it!!! I know, that my daughter was potty trained, and then when Adam was born she just decided she wasn't doing it anymore. There was a few lectures, and that didn't work. So when she pooped her pants again, I made her clean herself up(yes, I helped) BUT then I made her throw her pants away....seemed to do the trick.

Quoting Anonymous:

but some parents don't even TRY  to teach their child....the kid is now four, and still saying, 'but i don't WANT to use the toilet, i like my diaper'...that is ridiculous

Quoting mamatocaleb:

I will give you one example where you are wrong. POTTY TRAINING. You can do everything in your power to make it happen, but if they are not ready it wont happen. Hence- Child-led potty training..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
So you think child led is the parent saying "I don't care what you do"?
sarahbsquare
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM

lol someone is the true dictator in her house..are your kids happy..i doubt it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)