Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Child-led" anything is a crock of BS..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

YOU are the leader in your house, not the child....child led this, child led that...what a crock of shit

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM

why wouldnt' you make your child clean the mess THEY made?

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Omigosh and you made her clean up her own poop? Lmao yes, child led is so much better for them. I would never make my kid clean up feces.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

that's a bit disgusting. It is the parents job, to start getting them ready. BUT for som children if you try at 2 they may not be ready but if you wait a few months and then try again they can get it!!! I know, that my daughter was potty trained, and then when Adam was born she just decided she wasn't doing it anymore. There was a few lectures, and that didn't work. So when she pooped her pants again, I made her clean herself up(yes, I helped) BUT then I made her throw her pants away....seemed to do the trick.

Quoting Anonymous:

but some parents don't even TRY  to teach their child....the kid is now four, and still saying, 'but i don't WANT to use the toilet, i like my diaper'...that is ridiculous

Quoting mamatocaleb:

I will give you one example where you are wrong. POTTY TRAINING. You can do everything in your power to make it happen, but if they are not ready it wont happen. Hence- Child-led potty training..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I totally agree with you there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

my teens are extremely happy and well adjusted contributing members of society in our town.  My son is one of the two school academic teen leaders.  

Quoting sarahbsquare:

lol someone is the true dictator in her house..are your kids happy..i doubt it.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you decide what day your children will start walking too?

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

How is it authority if the child is making the decisions/demands? You need to recognize when it's child-led and some parent using an excuse to be lazy with parenting decisions. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Unf, some parents see it as 'child-led' authority

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

That's not child led, that is just a parent allowing their child to be a spoiled brat.  Completely different. 

Quoting Anonymous:

it's one thing to consider their feelings...it's quite another to let the child TELL the parent when they are going to do something

Quoting NNB:

Exactly. Children have no feelings, destroy any sense of a sould you may sense.

Kids are people too! Shame a lot of people just see them as little things that need to be brought into line. spanked for this, ounished for that,

I'm not against discipline, but only when it is necessary, not for simple, stupid things that kids out grow!

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

The idea of someone actually considering their child's feelings must be horrible!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That's extremely uncommon for child-led potty training. Extremely.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Heh. My child was child-led in potty training. No frustration, no pushing, no bribing, no LOADS of laundry. And he wasn't even three by the time he was potty trained with minimal nocturnal accidents.

SunshineBird
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Why would I bother? You are obviously only looking for a fight here. It's childish. 

Good luck with your shitty mood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

you can't explain it either, huh?  

Quoting SunshineBird:

Oh, I see. Someone's got their monthly. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

well why don't you explain it then?  if you don't know what it is, you don't read much about child discipline, do you?

Quoting norwgnwood:

She doesn't know.

Quoting Neuro:

Can someone tell me what OP is talking about?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree, as though we don't have enough entitlement issues with kids now, anyway.

Now, we're going to have a generation who really does think that the world should and does evolve around them because of "child led" bullshit.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Look, I don't do the whole child led thing. I sure as hell don't make my kid clean up their own feces during toilet training either. You redirect them to the toilet and clean up while they're on the pot. That is pretty degrading IMO.

I just find it ironic that someone who thinks child led is the way to go, makes their kid pick up feces as a way to learn. You don't think that's ironic? Or gross?

Quoting Anonymous:

why wouldnt' you make your child clean the mess THEY made?

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Omigosh and you made her clean up her own poop? Lmao yes, child led is so much better for them. I would never make my kid clean up feces.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

that's a bit disgusting. It is the parents job, to start getting them ready. BUT for som children if you try at 2 they may not be ready but if you wait a few months and then try again they can get it!!! I know, that my daughter was potty trained, and then when Adam was born she just decided she wasn't doing it anymore. There was a few lectures, and that didn't work. So when she pooped her pants again, I made her clean herself up(yes, I helped) BUT then I made her throw her pants away....seemed to do the trick.

Quoting Anonymous:

but some parents don't even TRY  to teach their child....the kid is now four, and still saying, 'but i don't WANT to use the toilet, i like my diaper'...that is ridiculous

Quoting mamatocaleb:

I will give you one example where you are wrong. POTTY TRAINING. You can do everything in your power to make it happen, but if they are not ready it wont happen. Hence- Child-led potty training..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amiesmomma
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
We do baby-led solids and child-led weaning. Why is that a crock? My kid's fed, isn't she?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)