Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cold water as punishment? WTF!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
In another post this morning we were talking about a humorous incident (unintentionally) involving a mom who used vinegar to punish her son and he ended up throwing up on her. One of the replies was "at least it's better than cold water". Having never heard of that before ,
I inquired as to what it was and was told "Its when you deliberately put a child in a freezing cold shower, bath, or spray them with freezing cold water like an animal." WTF! How absolutely god awful! Who the hell does this to a child?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Has anyone ever heard of this before? I've heard of parents putting their kids in an ice cold bath when they have extremely high fevers but never as punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
After my son was fully potty trained he started pooping in his underwear again, on purpose. Poop got all over him. He had to take a shower. I made him wash his own butt in a cool shower. He hated it, obviously, but only did it again one time. I did the same thing with the shower and washing his own butt. Guess what he's never done again....
rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
No, but I think that is horrible!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Not freezing cold!!
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Same here never heard of it as a punishment

Quoting Anonymous:

Has anyone ever heard of this before? I've heard of parents putting their kids in an ice cold bath when they have extremely high fevers but never as punishment.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My mother did this. It was horrific and frightening. She started using it when we were very young. My first memory of it was when I was about 3 or 4 yrs old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No but I've squirted my son with a squirt bottle before with just tap water. It was funny and then he got a turn with the bottle lol

fairyjester

dont they do shit like that to prisoners as torture

fairyjester

I have um done that with a cat

Quoting Anonymous:

No but I've squirted my son with a squirt bottle before with just tap water. It was funny and then he got a turn with the bottle lol

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
3 moms liked this

My 5 year old will still poop her pants if she doesn't get her way.   I tell her that she may have one warm bath a day... but if she needs poop washed off her another time, she has to use cold water because she has used her allowance of warm water.   I don't make it a fight, and I don't spray her in the face or anything cruel... but she has to stand and shivver in the bath to wash poop off her butt if she chooses to poop herself.    ((not talking about when she's sick or something... ))

It has been working, because she hasn't done that in ages.D

EDITED:   It's not done as "punnishment"... it's handled as a "result" of her choices.   I firmly believe in letting reality be the teacher, it works much better than punnishment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)