Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FU DirectTv! Took money without authorization!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
Well my husband is currently at the bank reporting money stolen. DirectTv took out 735 yesterday and another 152 today. We have called them 6 times and they will not fix this. So we decided to close the account it was coming from and report the money stolen. We also have made 2 BBB reports and provided them with the bank statements stating they were the ones taking the money out. We faxed these to directv and they still are saying they did not do it. I received an email from them this morning stating that they was a transaction on my direct tv account I thought they put the money back nope. It was from the transaction from yesterday. I am making another BBB report today with this email attached. They said it was a phishing email but it took me to their page that had the lovk on it. not a phishing email. Do not get DirectTv!

We do not owe them money. Our bill is not due until the 28 and it is 80. We have had them for 10 years.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Did you owe them the money? Im curious. Not that its right to just take it but I wonder what prompted it.

Photo

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I've had DTV for years and never had an issue with them. Did you owe them money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
No our bill isn't due until the 28th. And it 80 not almost 1000.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Did you owe them the money? Im curious. Not that its right to just take it but I wonder what prompted it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
No

Quoting kjoarcik:

I've had DTV for years and never had an issue with them. Did you owe them money?

Byrd15
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

OMG... WOW thats a lot of money! I would be up someone's butt getting that back!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Beth3721
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to file a police report--it will help you in the long run.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

what did your bank say?Did the money go to direct tv?  Ive had direct tv for over 5 years and this hasn't happened. Im very nervous about giving my bank information but recently noticed they have my card on file. I would like to prevent this from happening to me. I cant switch because my husband is a HUGE sports freak LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
The bank has it where it says it was them and the bank faxed directv the papers. We have no payment type saved and this was from our checking account.

Quoting brettsmomma:

what did your bank say?Did the money go to direct tv?  Ive had direct tv for over 5 years and this hasn't happened. Im very nervous about giving my bank information but recently noticed they have my card on file. I would like to prevent this from happening to me. I cant switch because my husband is a HUGE sports freak LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
We'd be in the poor house if they did that...that's why we don't do auto withdrawal bc I've heard of even the electricity companies do that bc of a mistake with billing. They eventually fixed the bill and sent the money back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM
The bank does that when report your money stolen. We also have BBB involved. They are screwed.

Quoting Beth3721:

You need to file a police report--it will help you in the long run.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN