Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 102 Replies

that people just expect you to buy a house. I dont want to buy a house. Ever. But all my friends and family are like "Your stupid for not wanting to buy a house and your a bad mother because you dont already have one." If  dont fel he need to buy a house, let it go. I have a good list of reasons that buying a house is stupid, IMO. The only reason I have for buying one? Because I could decorate it to my taste.  Thats it.

Does anyone else have no desire to buy a house ever? Or is it just me?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We wanted to invest in ourselves and build equity, and to leave our home for our children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I own and am glad I do. Throwing my money away on rent for 4 years is behind me.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I think its foolish you want to waste your money paying for someone else's house, but whatever floats your boat ;)

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
To each their own! I'd like to own a house one day because throwing away my money on rent kills me.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have always wanted my own house. I can't stand not being able to make it my own and feel like I am wasting money. In 20 years we will own this house and not have to pay a monthly payment. I can't wait for that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Um, just you.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

exactly. Apparently she doesnt see that when you guy a house your money is being invested there, sell house, get money back. Rent, your money is gone.

Quoting kdloves.:

To each their own! I'd like to own a house one day because throwing away my money on rent kills me.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
FIRST PAGE!!!!!! SUCK IT BITCHES! FUCK YOU TO THE ONES WHO SAID ID NEVER MAKE IT!
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I live in an apt. I'm 15 mins from NYC. Moved out of Newark for 2 years. Had a house near the ocean in Monmouth County. I liked it but missed Newark and my tiny apt:) I moved back to Newark in 2011. I guess a lot of people couldn't understand.

Would never BUY in Newark
CuriousArentYa
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I don't understand not wanting to own, but I wouldn't think less of somebody who does not want to own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN