Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 102 Replies

that people just expect you to buy a house. I dont want to buy a house. Ever. But all my friends and family are like "Your stupid for not wanting to buy a house and your a bad mother because you dont already have one." If  dont fel he need to buy a house, let it go. I have a good list of reasons that buying a house is stupid, IMO. The only reason I have for buying one? Because I could decorate it to my taste.  Thats it.

Does anyone else have no desire to buy a house ever? Or is it just me?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We wanted to invest in ourselves and build equity, and to leave our home for our children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I own and am glad I do. Throwing my money away on rent for 4 years is behind me.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I think its foolish you want to waste your money paying for someone else's house, but whatever floats your boat ;)

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
To each their own! I'd like to own a house one day because throwing away my money on rent kills me.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have always wanted my own house. I can't stand not being able to make it my own and feel like I am wasting money. In 20 years we will own this house and not have to pay a monthly payment. I can't wait for that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Um, just you.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

exactly. Apparently she doesnt see that when you guy a house your money is being invested there, sell house, get money back. Rent, your money is gone.

Quoting kdloves.:

To each their own! I'd like to own a house one day because throwing away my money on rent kills me.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
FIRST PAGE!!!!!! SUCK IT BITCHES! FUCK YOU TO THE ONES WHO SAID ID NEVER MAKE IT!
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I live in an apt. I'm 15 mins from NYC. Moved out of Newark for 2 years. Had a house near the ocean in Monmouth County. I liked it but missed Newark and my tiny apt:) I moved back to Newark in 2011. I guess a lot of people couldn't understand.

Would never BUY in Newark
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I don't understand not wanting to own, but I wouldn't think less of somebody who does not want to own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured