Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I get her dogs taken away?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
We have a neighbor who has several small dogs that keep escaping.

Every time they escape they run to my house and where my kids are playing. If my door is open they will run in my house, run in front of my car and run around my kids.

The dogs aren't dangerous and don't bite at the kids just annoying and in the way.

I usually just pick them up and take them home but this is happening 3 or 4 times a day.

I have tried talking to her about it and she says oh just leave them they will come home... Which I am sure they would adventually after they have pissed and sh!t in my house and yard and run circles around my kids and teased my dogs for however long.

I tried calling animal control and they just take the dogs back to her since she is the owner.

I am at a loss for what to do.

The dogs aren't dangerous just a pain in the @rse. If I wanted small dogs running around I would have my own. I also have two large dogs who get over exited and make a nuisance of themselves everytime the dogs come in the yard. Barking etc which depending on the time of day can wake the baby.

I understand dogs get out which is why I started taking them home when this started because I always thought if it was my dog what would I want some one else to do. But multiple times every day is just too much.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Report them to animal services every time they are on your property
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

stop taking the dogs back home......rehome them.

Destiny907
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

No worries, one day they will hit by a car or run off... no more neighbor's dogs.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Tha would annoy me to no end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Wouldn't rehoming them count as stealing since I know who they belong too

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I tried that.

We live in the country so animal services won't come out unless they are dangerous. The couple times they have come out they just take the dogs right back to her and a few hours later they are out again and we do the whole things again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Report them to animal services every time they are on your property

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM

not stealing if they were in your yard. im guessing, i don't know. lol but ive stolen many dogs out of yards who were being abused and mistreated. this is kind of the same. shes beng irresponcible by letting them run all over, they could be hit, or picked off by bigger animas. plus, most places its illegal to just let your dogs run wild. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
That is illegal. Dogs are seen as property.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

not stealing if they were in your yard. im guessing, i don't know. lol but ive stolen many dogs out of yards who were being abused and mistreated. this is kind of the same. shes beng irresponcible by letting them run all over, they could be hit, or picked off by bigger animas. plus, most places its illegal to just let your dogs run wild. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried the police? Maybe they'll have some ideas.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

stop rescuing the dogs and just let them run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)