Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm about ready to commit murder (swearing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My father is an accountant and he does my return every year. I always efile and have my return sent to me by mail because I don't bank. This year my federal return was $3976. It was filed 3 1/2 weeks ago and was estimated to have my return this week. Well come to find out my father had it deposited into his fucking business account without even asking me! That is not legal. I am supposed to be purchasing a newer car and paying for some other things that need to get taken care of but now I don't even have the return. He knew I had been watching for it in the mail all week and never said a fucking word. I am so pissed I'm crying. DF thinks its not that big of a deal and that he did it so I would get it sooner. I don't care what the reasoning he had for it was he should have asked before he made a damn assumption. Now I'm going to have a hell of a time getting it from him. He felt the need to tell me after he filed the return what I needed to be doing with the money. I'm almost positive that he had it put into the account so I couldn't touch it and he could have a say in how it's spent. I'm 25 years old for fucks sake. I don't need this shit!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Call the IRS and report him.

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Wait... what did he do to it? he had it direct deposited (wich would get it her faster) Can't you just ask for it from him? And if its illegal (which it is)... i'd at the very least find a different accountant; even if he is your father

BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

this

whos to say he doesn't do this to others as well. thats pretty shitty in my opinion

Quoting Anonymous:

shannon.m.park

technically would that be stealing??

model1000mom

Stop letting him do it. Sorry. It might be best if you find a non-family member to do it from now on. (And as others have said report this)

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM
He had it direct deposited into his business checking account at the bank. And I sent him a message that I've received no response to.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Wait... what did he do to it? he had it direct deposited (wich would get it her faster) Can't you just ask for it from him? And if its illegal (which it is)... i'd at the very least find a different accountant; even if he is your father

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Next year do your own taxes with Turbo Tax.  You don't need an accountant to do your taxes.  

Destiny907
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Oh my gosh.. LAST TIME YOU GO TO YOUR FATHER.  I don't care if he is your father- he is AHUGE JERK.

Use another CPA. It doesn't cost all that much!  We get ours done for about 120 bucks.  Worth every penny.

Your father- well, he CAN be sued for doing this by you in small claims court.  It's like stealing! Yes it is. I hope it doesn't come to that.  BUt you CAN tell him- Dad this is BULLSHIT. That is my money- if you do NOT give me every cent- court time. 

you would win. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your dad doesn't trust your judgement. Any reason why that would be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)