Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession: I've turned into the crazy bfing lady..

Posted by   + Show Post
ladies, you know the type. There's always that one lady who INSISTS you breastfeed. She constantly points out the benifits of breastfeeding and gives you a million facts..

I used to laugh at that lady. I never understood why women pushed ff moms soo much. Don't get me wrong, I know women have their reasons for not bfing & it's none of my buisness. but why not atleast TRY?

I was with my friend recently & she said she tried bfing for two days but her milk wouldnt come in, so she substituted with formula. and she got really engorged and didnt know what to do cause her baby was sleeping.

I found myself begging her to try again (it was only a week later & she still had some milk) I tried to get her to pump, tried to get her to put baby to breast first thing in the AM. she said she'd try it...but I think that was to shut me up. Her baby is 2mo. now & I STILL find myself trying to get her to pump or try again since she's still making milk.

I guess Im just a little sad that she's missing out on such an amazing experiance. So there it is, Im the crazy bf-ing mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
starbuckmom03
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I think it was nice of you to encourage her.  Should have mentioned that it takes more than 2 days for the milk to come in and in the mean time, her child was getting that awesome colostrum.  You could have encouraged her to not give the formula and her child was just fine nursing even if the milk hadn't come in yet. 

I just had my 4th baby a month ago.  She has yet to have any formula and hoping she never will.  She was born on a Friday morning and nursed 30 mins after birth.  She got only my breasts. No formula. She was getting colostrum till my milk came in and she was perfectly fine.  Now, my milk was in in 2 1/2 days since she was my 4th.  With my 1st ds, it took up to 4 days.  With my twins, babies 2&3, it was at least 3-4 days.

Great for you to encourge, but its her choice.  All moms need encouragement in the first few months.  And sometimes we mean well, but it ends up being worse than what we invisioned.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

that's a really good way to lose friends.

is that your goal?

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I loved breastfeeding!
I've never been one of those all natural women but that was the one thing I enjoyed!
Both my boys took right to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I would've swatted you like the annoying gnat that you are.
mindysue852
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya! Before I had my son I wasn't even confident I could do it, and now were almost 11 months in and he hasn't had a drop of formula! I haven't had any friends have babies since then, but I do cringe when I see high school classmates on facebook that are adamant about not even trying! There are so many pros about bf that I didn't know about til I did it, (like the less stinky poo, the bond, the satisfaction of seeing your little one milk drunk and knowing that only you have the power to do that to them.) I know people have issues and I don't judge anyone who has tried and couldn't do it, but too many women make excuses. I've worked 13 hour days and pumped and made it work, so I'm pretty proud of that.

momalee40
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I dont usually discuss bf with anyone unless i know they have done it. Its too frustrating to hear some of the reasons why or how so many let their Dr or the nurses sabotage them. They are not the best source of info.
Jcothrine
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM

i know the feeling.. i breastfed all three of my kids and sometimes i want to urge people to breastfeed and i know it is none of my business...but still!!!!

JC

MeaganP
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I had a friend just like you and would just yes her to death and was so happy when she left and would avoid her all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)