Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If he watches you give labor, he'll never be attracted to you again, and will leave you within 10 years *edit

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 476 Replies

(sorry this is long)

This lovely statement came from my soon to be MIL. I'm being induced on wednesday morning, and she was over yesturday helping me get all the final things done before little baby comes..

This was our conversation

Me: I think E is a little nervous about the delivery, I hope he doesn't pass out (I said jokingly)

MIL: Wait, E is going to be in the delivery room with you?!

Me: Why wouldn't he be?

MIL: You do realize that men who watch their woman in the delivery room will get grossed out and never want to touch them again, right?

Me: What??? What do you mean?

MIL: They've done studies you know, when men watch women give labor, they loose all attraction to them and they end up leaving them within 10 years. You shouldn't let E be in that room if you wan to keep your relationship with him

Me: He was man enough to put that baby inside of me, he can be man enough to watch that baby come out of me. Plus, he's really excited about being in the room, just me and him, and he's excited about cutting the cord

MIL: Doctors are supposed to cut the cord, DO NOT MAKE YOUR MAN DO THAT, YOU WILL RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP

Me: If him watching me push HIS daughter out of my vagina, where he put her, is going to ruin our relationship, then he's not much of a man is he?! And no, doctors are NOT supposed to cut the cord, that is something special for dad and he's excited about it. Honestly, if E looses his attraction to me after I give birth, then good riddance!!

MIL: good riddance? You must not care very much for him. Wow, pregnancy has turned you into quite a bitch, huh?

At this point I walked away and called df and he came home to talk to his mother

SERIOUSLY- I'm over it now, but I was in shock by what she said, and I was freaking pissed! Am I overreacting because I'm pregnant? I really didn't think people really thought like this.

Do you agree with her statements, or do you think men should be man enough to watch the birth of their children?

Edit: To answer some questions:

She is 58, my df is 36

Yes she is divorced from df's father

Sorry I was typing so fast, with the title and some of the coversation. She did actually say 'give labor', but I DO realize that its 'giving birth' lol

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM
31 moms liked this
She is an idiot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autummayline
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

BUMP!

FooLynRoo
7 moms liked this

You can be in delivery and not watch the head pop out. I know i didn't want to see it, and either did DH.

he was still there by my side helping me along.

and 22 years later, still here.

I misspoke it isn't 22 years later, its 19 years later,,, we have been together 22 years.

autummayline
1 mom liked this
Ughh thank you! I was shock by what she said
Quoting FL2AK:

She is an idiot.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
93 moms liked this
Take pictures of him cutting the cord smiling, and make sure you give her a poster size print for Christmas.
teal_phoenix

Quoting FL2AK:

She is an idiot.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
8 moms liked this

Oh no! Dh and I have been married 10 years, have 3 kids and he watched all 3 of his children be born. Held my legs, and cut the cord. So, I have until the End of this year until we are doomed?!?!?!?!?! 😄

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this 10 yrs per child lol.
banana-bear
Oh shit! My husband is going to leave me next year!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
8 moms liked this

Nope not at all

**runs off to google...alleged study, lol**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)