Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

awwwe! these small town nurses are so sweet :-)

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
Lol so after really not feeling good last night, i was a bit worried when baby wasnt doing his usual dan e in response to me eating, and noticed he wasnt moving as much as normal, so i called the health center in davidson to see if the had a fetal heartbeat monitor.
Well, the hc there is more like a long term acute care facility for the elderly, but the RN said they had an old doppler and she thought it still worked and figured we could at least check his heart rate.
So that sounded good enough to me, so in i went (better than driving over an hour to saskatoon just to check something simple) and i go in and theres all these old people everywhere, lol.
The two RN's. Were pretty excited to get the chance to check on a baby in tummy and they were just so sweet! They both would be awesome in L&D the one got a little misty when she could clearly feel the baby's bum ba k shoulders and head, and they got the old doppler working and found his heart beat, which was fine, they really helped put my mind at ease and said he may be gearing up to make an exit!
So i went and got some reallly hot wings at toppers and had a chat with my former coworkers, and headed home.
And sure enough had 2 contra tions on the highway and another just after i got home.

But not getting my hopes up!!! Lol

I have a doc appt on mon we will see what he says then :-)
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gigis1
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Are you feeling better ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherib82
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Awe good luck.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

That was really nice of them BUT you realise that  you made their day/night.......right??? They will be talking about you for weeks, lol

When are you due??

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

lol yep i caught on to that!  i am due on the 28th :-) gonna have to swing through after baby is here so they can take a peek :-)

Quoting Sassy762:

That was really nice of them BUT you realise that  you made their day/night.......right??? They will be talking about you for weeks, lol

When are you due??

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

i still have lower back pain (mild) but not feeling the chills like last night. 

Quoting gigis1:

Are you feeling better ?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

They will love that......

2 weeks more.......I bet you can't wait..........

Have you already gotten everything put together and set up?? 

Quoting D.O.E.:

lol yep i caught on to that!  i am due on the 28th :-) gonna have to swing through after baby is here so they can take a peek :-)

Quoting Sassy762:

When are you due??

gigis1
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Thats good, hope the day gets here soon

Quoting D.O.E.:

i still have lower back pain (mild) but not feeling the chills like last night. 

Quoting gigis1:

Are you feeling better ?

ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That was very sweet of them :) Some nurses (like every job) just hate what they are doing and shouldnt be there. I made SO promise me that if I ever came home and could do nothing but bitch all the time about being a nurse to let me know its time to rethink my career.

So glad you had two great nurses and just as much as they helped you relax IM sure you helped brighten their day :). Definitly take the baby in for a visit with them :)
jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sooo excited for you!!
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

pretty much ready to go!!!! dh needs to put the one side back on the crib but w cosleep for the first few months so im not too worried about it :-) got  newborn tiny little baby bums all ready, the go bag is packed, car  seat ready to go......so excited!

Quoting Sassy762:

They will love that......

2 weeks more.......I bet you can't wait..........

Have you already gotten everything put together and set up?? 

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Sassy762:

When are you due??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN